Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone know what I do with this tea?
  • dannybgoode

So, a friend of mine in Korea has sent me over some Jeju Island Green Tea – local speciality apparently.

But, instead of coming in the normal leaf format its in some kind of syrup.

Has anyone had this before who can tell me how I make it (I assume just add an amount to boiling water) and if this is the case what amount I should add for a nice cuppa?

Cheers

Danny B

samuri
    Free Member

My mum gave us something similar once. She just mixed a teaspoon of syrup into hot water. Like bovril.

sandwicheater

Do you rub it on a duck?

Junkyard
    Free Member

and if it floats then the person who sent it is a witch?

dannybgoode

No the young lady in question is most certainly not a witch and I don’t have any ducks to hand in any case.

I could try a cat or a greyhound but is seems a bit of a waste of what is apparently very good tea.

@samuri – thanks, I’ll give it a go and report back.

Cheers

Danny B

seavers
    Free Member

Never heard of this syrup tea of which you speak. Love green tea and had many kinds but always leaf.

Report back if you can, I would be interested to find out the deal.

seavers
    Free Member

Found this….

Monin Matcha Green Tea Syrup
    70cl
    Matcha green tea is stuffed with antioxidants, vitamins and other good minerals, and has been used in Buddhist tea ceremonies in Japan for over eight centuries. This powerfully-flavoured syrup may not be quite as good for you as the real thing, but it’ll certainly add a delicious green tea flavour to exotic cocktails and mocktails – recommended with thick tropical fruit juices.

Maybe you have a substance that you would add to a drink rather than make tea from it?!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know what I do with this tea?’ is closed to new replies.