Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Cloud Nine Cycles: Anyone know these guys (warning: cash at risk)
  • mikey74
    Free Member

http://www.cloud9cycles.com/street-racer#

I pass them on the way to Uni. Fortunately, they are usually closed, or closing, when I pass. That Street Racer is lovely.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Nothing to do with me BTW..

njee20
    Free Member

I hate that, and the marketing blurb too.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Just buy a road bike and stick some risers on it. They have just applied urban fixwheel aesthetic to a hybrid, but by using a road bike frame they have shorter TT than a hybrid.

nickjb
    Free Member

That’s quite a lot of money for a bike that looks like a pub bike. Maybe it looks enough like a hack to stop it getting stolen. Seems to miss the point of an urban bike.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They claim to be “London’s best bike shop”.

Bold.

onandon
    Free Member

No, just no. They look odd.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    bencooper
    Free Member

Good grief, my framebuilding is too cheap.

qwerty
    Free Member

Not sure what the Whiskey fork sells for, but 1700 for f&f is a lot, but maybe the WC1 postcode explains it. Nice detail on seatstay brace for an urban hack bike, I wonder who built it. For that cash it should be full custom & built by a guru. Steel bikes want tapered HTs not 44mm.

bencooper
    Free Member

Not sure what the Whiskey fork sells for

£320 RRP.

sharkattack

Generic bike, nauseating waffle, “saw you coming” prices from a shop with an unjustifiably high opinion of itself. There’s so much wrong I’m struggling to see the appeal.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

£5k for that hunk o junk.

Blimey I’m definitely in the wrong line of work.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Reminds me of Harry Enfield’s shop “I Saw You Coming”

mikey74
    Free Member

Now sobriety has kicked in, i tend to agree. I haven’t been in the shop but it does seem to be a hipsters dream. The fact it is just round the corner from Russell Square suggests that the rent is enough to add a significant amount to that cost. Plus, it’s surrounded by trendy coffee bars, full of people trying to look earnest.

I do still quite like that Street Racer (tool for a job), but it is eye-wateringly expensive. Plus, I find the choice of parts quite odd: Why mountain bike parts on what is a road bike?

I’m sure there are bearded hipsters who would happily part with their cash, but not me.

Sam

I don’t see how it can possibly claim to be the ultimate London bike without (it seems) provision for full length mudguards.

bencooper
    Free Member

The different philosophies amuse me, though. They make their fancy brass plates by carefully engraving them, I make my brass and copper headbadges by hitting them with a BFH 😀

garlic
    Free Member

Seems pitched at affluent non-cyclists.

bencooper
    Free Member

Best market to aim for, TBH.

IdleJon

Do the costs add up? £1700 for F&F leaves £3300 for the rest of the components – seems a lot to me but being in work I haven’t got time to work it out.

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

It’s off the shelf, not shelve you cocks 👿

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Cloud Nine Cycles: Anyone know these guys (warning: cash at risk)’ is closed to new replies.