Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone know the right rear axle to buy for a 142×12 Scott Scale??
  • bounce

Am sticking new RWS 12 drop outs in my 2014 Scott Scale 735 so it can take a 142×12 rear wheel. I’ll have to buy a new axle to make this work but don’t know which thread pitch the axle needs to be or the length.

Any Scott owners or other axle experts have an idea of which axle fits? Looks like it won’t be the Syntace type with the conical washer anyway but otherwise a bit baffled, seems to be a few versions of this standard – again!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

An you not get the drop outs and axle as a set?

BearBack
    Free Member

Same axle as a 135/12 for the scale.
    Any DT swiss RWS (or rebranded as syncros) x12 axle

BearBack
    Free Member

I say this as the genius comes with 5mm qr, 135×12 and 142×12 dropouts.
    The same RWS axle is used for both 135 and 142.

bounce

Thanks for the replies, think I was off to bed by the time they came in. The drop outs don’t come with an axle sadly.

Bearback, there seem to multiple RWS axles out there. My confusion mostly stems from a guy who posted on the Chain Reaction site saying that neither the DT Swiss X-lock (wrong thread) or the DT Swiss X-12 RWS (conical washer) fitted his Scott.

Take a look, he’s even posted a picture that seems to show neither DT Swiss axle works. Even though the CRC specs say both axles are 1mm thread pitch…

CRC link

BearBack
    Free Member

It is a QR hub on there now?
    Maybe rather than looking for a dt x12 rws you look for a syncros branded rws as these would most likely be Scott correct.
    But yes, Scott use flat face 1mm thread pitch.

bounce

Yes, I’ve got the standard Scott 5mm bolt-up skewer with a QR hub on the back at the moment. The DT Swiss X-Lock looks like it should work (1mm thread pitch, flat washer) but your suggestion to look for a Syncros is the safest bet I guess. Might wait til my dropouts are on and the wheel arrives, then take it into the nearest Scott dealer to see what fits. Or buy the X-Lock from CRC and send it back if it doesn’t fit…

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I have a spare Syncros axle to fit the Scott frames I could sell if required. BNIB. dc30online AT gmail.com

bounce

Email sent

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

replied.

bounce

Just to round this one off, I got the axle from B-s today and it fits the new dropouts perfectly. Many thanks to him and Bearback, questions answered and axle sourced in one thread – gotta love this place!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know the right rear axle to buy for a 142×12 Scott Scale??’ is closed to new replies.