Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone know owt about locks?
  • plyphon
    Free Member

Trying to figure home insurance for new flat – it’s part of a modern development so fairly secure – but I can’t find this lock on any of the “List of locks” that the insurance sites use – anyone got any idea?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/smz25jrb39u6xba/AAASeFrTauIZnVKdknOBiTvaa?dl=0

It’s like a mortice on one side, but a deadlatch or something on the other…

Thanks.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

What do you want to know?

The one on your Dropbox account is just a euro cylinder with a thumb turn on one side.

joshvegas
    Free Member

That is a Eurocylinder lock with a thumb thing on the inside.

Not much use if they come in through the window and wheel your bike out the front door.

IANALS

Edit: Beaten to it if only I hadn’t decided to check my facts before posting

GrahamS

Not much use if they come in through the window and wheel your bike out the front door.

But quite useful if your flat catches fire and you need to get out without spending 20 minutes hunting for your keys in a dark smoke filled room!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Thats why you leave a key in the door when you’re in 😉

I don’t disagree with you though having been trapped in a block of flats during a flat fire below I”m loathe to even lock the door when I’m in

GrahamS

Thats why you leave a key in the door when you’re in

Yep, we have a separate key that we keep just so we can leave it in the lock when we are in.

Aside from the fire risk, if someone breaks into the house when we’re sleeping upstairs then I want them to be able to get out!

So yeah, back to the OP, I can totally see the point of a thumb turn on the inside.

plyphon
    Free Member

Cool – thanks, a Euro cylinder. Awesome. I can now buy insurance.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know owt about locks?’ is closed to new replies.