Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 137 total)
  • anyone know or dealt with …LYONS from forum!
  • markyboy
    Free Member

Bought a frame and forks from this guy over three weeks ago still no sign.have had various excuses ect.but now won’t answer emails texts phone calls ect with any proof of postage.anyone know him or bought from him? Or if you are out there redeem yourself and get in touch.
    Cheers mark

jedi

i have ridden with him a few times. he’s an ok dude

markyboy
    Free Member

I got that impression that’s why I don’t want to slate him but nearly a month to send something is taking the ….!

markyboy
    Free Member

Jedi..do you reckon he will come through with the stuff eventually?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member
    markyboy
    Free Member

What do you mean ..doh?? 😕

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Clicky Clicky

markyboy
    Free Member

Oh ****!!

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I dealt with him over a year ago. It’s documented on here. Loads of excuses then no comms. I had to get his home phone number by nefarious means in order to sort it out. I don’t have the number now as I think he’s moved. He has ridden with enough people on here for someone to have a number for him though.

Pook

Yeah Andy’s alright. Not a bad bloke at all but has had a pretty rough time of it over this year. He’s certainly not one to screw someone over.

sc-xc

Not good enough. If you’re OK to advertise & take money…you’re OK to post stuff out/answer emails.

MrSmith
    Free Member

had a pretty rough time of it over this year.

so? is that a legitimate excuse to dick people around?

Pook

No. Nor did I say it was.

oldgit
    Free Member

Sometimes your sat there with time on your hands, next you get a late night call and your working the other end of the country for a month. I think his work was a bit like that….not sure though. Seemed a good bloke and had a good biking background.

boblo
    Free Member

Sorry, not good enough. If you haven’t the time to complete the transaction properly, don’t post the sale up until you do.

Why should people accept being dicked around cos you’re ‘a bit busy’? Aren’t we all?

markyboy
    Free Member

Pook.is he a mate of yours can you have a word with him.I have been more than understanding with him but 3 weeks is not on.I can’t afford to be this much out of pocket and I’m getting well pissed off now.

Pook

send me an email mark. Email in profile

markyboy
    Free Member

well another day.no sign of frame and no contact from lyons.had enough now what is the best course of action to get money back??

ton

personally, if someone did this to me i would search him down a knock lumps out of him……
    and all the bollox about having a bad time of it, and working away is rubbish.
    if you can be arsed to advertise stuff, it is no harder to send the stuff.
    people like this just try it on hoping that the buyer will get fed up and forget about it.
    hit him hard and fast.
    imho that is……………. 8)

wwaswas

markyboy – basically it’s theft. Print off all correspondence and go and visit the police.

The guy may have had a hard time but, as ton says, if he was prepared to make the time to take your money he should have sent the item. If he couldn’t send the item then a refund woudl have been pretty easy to achieve.

It might sound harsh getting the police involvedand there are people on here who know the guy and vouch for him but that doesn’t get you your money back or the item you bought.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oh here we go, ton getting all handy again….
    Although i’d be pretty annoyed too…

poisonspider
    Free Member

What F&F and how much are we talking about?

Bregante

poisonspider – Member
    What F&F and how much are we talking about?
    POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

surely it matters not whether it’s £3.50 or £350 the principle is the same. Piss-poor in my opinion

ton

bigyinn…………..not meaning to come over all handy.
    just that this kind of thing is getting more common.
    people who are prepared to steal off other folk are lower than the low.

kaesae
    Free Member

Unfortunately this kind of incident happens all the time, even on sites like ebay it’s common place. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt for a certain amount of time, then i let them have it!

For years I bought and sold stuff used and made sure people got what they paid for, too be honest there wasn’t really any money in it, but it was good for research into my bearings and for learning how to service frames without them being other peoples, damaged a few in the early days.

If you paid via paypal make a claim, if you paid via another method contact consumer direct and see what they think is your best option.

Me I would just avoid dealing with LYons, who needs the hassle?

kaesae
    Free Member

I’m with ton, since the recession started it’s gotten worse and worse. Be nice to your friends, to rip of merchants show them no mercy and ignore everything they say.

The facts are all that count and everything else is just face farting.

He has your money and you have a stressful crappy situation to deal with. Email him and don’t be polite about it, tell him ro return the good or refund the money.

I would also complain to STW see if you can get him stopped from selling stuff on here!

IanMunro
    Free Member

markyboy – basically it’s theft. Print off all correspondence and go and visit the police.

This reminds me. Anyone see that police programme earlier in the week with all the muppets ringing up 999 to complain about how people had dissed them on facebook.

kaesae
    Free Member

The bottom line is, he has the guys money and that’s not on! you can’t ride around on promises. The OP of this thread is not responsible for LYONS problems, he shouldn’t have to deal with them, but he is!

I would be wanting this sorted out quick smart and regardless of what’s written in another thread, the facts speak for themselves!

If lyons want to take money for selling items he then has to ensure that the items get to the purchaser, end of story!

markyboy
    Free Member

It was a ragley mmmbop and revalation forks.so I am a good few quid down!which I really can’t afford.I tried paypal but as it was a gift there not interested.(so beware of that ).!!

oldgit
    Free Member

markyboy, sent you mail.

incognito
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/making-a-follow-up-call-after-sending-a-cv

I’d say he doesn’t have the money to post them looking at that.

rs
    Free Member

i’d say the OP gave him money for the frame and postage so he does has money to post.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

It looks to me like 6 months ago, he was short a few quid. Lined up a sale, took the money, hung on to it thill the pinch was over, then refunded it. Seems he’s in that situation again. Chances are you’ll get your money back, once he gets a job or finds some way of covering the current shortfall.

But cougar was right on the other thread

ton

it show’s he is a **** ar5e who want’s a good shoeing if it is true.

incognito
    Free Member

i’d say the OP gave him money for the frame and postage so he does has money to post.

I’d say the 1st part is right, I would think the money for postage has been spent on living expenses. I expect it was burning a whole in his pocket….

Woody
    Free Member

Tis all too common on here now. As an occasional buyer and seller, I’ve decided to only deal with people who are very regular contributors with a decent length of time on the site.

Apart from the ‘fraud’ aspect, there seems to be a general lack of courtesy/decency on the classifieds when negotiating a sale eg. pics/info sent, emails back and forth and then…………………………..nothing……………not even a thanks but I’ve changed my mind, I’ll pass etc. just nothing……………………

Absolutely boils my piss 👿

postierich
    Free Member

Dont trust the regulars on here!
    I got turned over on a set of mono mini brakes by trailseeker damaged rotor and badly marked brakes! the photo he posted bared no resembalance to the brakes that I recieved contacted him several times but would not refund or partially refund.

What comes around goes around 😕

Have had done some great buys/sales on here but you need to be very carefull.

mccett
    Free Member

I have only sold a few things on here, but they were fairly big money items, 200-500 quid. I sold a Voodoo frame a couple weeks ago and was rough as hell and off work. I explained to the buyer i would be delayed by a couple days in sending as i had to get a box (but could hardly see and get out of bed). Buyer was very reasonable as i explained the slight delay. All went ahead brilliantly. Sold my Pitch frame and forks last week to a very happy buyer, good comms counted for a lot and deal went v smoothly.

I think good comms and no excuses counts for a lot, esp if people tend to use number of posts as a guide as to how trustworthy someone is? It would seem this is not always a good indicator.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Number of posts might be a good proxy measure. If they are regulars here, they would be less likely to risk their online and perhaps real-life reputation with a dodgy sale. Regular poster would probably not give up their place on this site for the sake of a couple of hundred quid.

maybe

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘anyone know or dealt with …LYONS from forum!’ is closed to new replies.