Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone know of off-road links between Nottingham City and Sherwood Pines?
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

I’ve seen a group of mtbr’s in Arnold, looked like they were returning from a ride, Living in Sherwood, it would be great to cycle up there and back, avoiding the road as much as possible.

twang
    Free Member

Its easy enough to do Burnstump to Pines all off road. Getting there from Sherwood should’nt be too tricky, through Bestwood park maybe?

abductee
    Free Member

Put an email in your profile and I’ll send you some ideas. I’ve done it from the Stapleford area.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Burnstump? That’s a pub right?!

tacopowell
    Free Member

Mrlpippowell@live.co.uk

That would be great if you could, thanks!

mrmo
    Free Member

this is old, i left uni a while ago so things have probably changed.

From City hospital ride up the old railway to Bestwood, from bestwood out the back and a bit of road, there was an off road route i have long forgotten. a bit beyond the pumping station there was a set of traffic lights by the police? hq, turn right then turn right into the woods at the corner, you are going on to a fire road, follow fireroad through the woods cross over and follow the fireroad through the next set of woods and this gets you near to the south side of clipstone. There were a few tracks that got you to the visitor centre.

ebygomm
    Free Member

National Cycle Route 6 will take you all the way there from the city centre, majority of it off road.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know of off-road links between Nottingham City and Sherwood Pines?’ is closed to new replies.