Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone know of any good firewood/log suppliers around skipton/keighley/ilkley
  • Wharfedale
    Free Member

Maybe the most random post of the day!?

Just ordered our new woodburner 😀

Now I need a good supplier of seasoned and un-seasoned logs. I can collect.

Anyone help?

Ta.

john_drummer
    Free Member

there’s a farm on the A660 just out of Otley heading towards Leeds that advertises on the roadside. Not sure how sustainable their supply is though

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

There is keighley Tree services just outside Crossroads. They’ll deliver as well as charge you per bag filled.

Waderider
    Free Member

Do what I do. Grab the chainsaw, jump on the Dexta, put on a transport box or trailer, and go to the local forest. Or get friendly with the local farmers. They like trees pruned back from their field edges, as they stop light getting at grass and crops. Come to a mutual agreement – prune the field boundaries for free wood.

Fill the workshop with wood, attach log splitter to Dexta, fill woodshed.

Alternatively, do it smaller scale with a saw and your estate car.

domino

We’ve had logs from Airedale Tree Surgeons by the station in Silsden before. They deliver and collect. I seem to recall they were unseasoned. When we run out we will most likely get some from Settle Coal but they are by the bag and not that cheap but they are dry.

Dave
    Free Member

We use Keighley Tree services, they also charge by boot/van full

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

We use this place

http://www.ravenroyd.com/index_files/firewood.htm from bingley.

Always good wood so far. £50 for tonne bag. How does that compare for other folk ?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Have you got any Forestry Commission forests near you?

A lot of folk round here pay for a ton of wood or something, which just gets left in a pile in the forest. You have to cut it up and transport it home yourself, but it costs buttons (relatively) so I’m told.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My log man
    0795 082 3505

I am in Harrogate but I think he travels around a bit. Last year I got a little tipper truck full for £30 I think.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies guys and girls. Will give a couple of those a call. Just need to get my log store built now 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know of any good firewood/log suppliers around skipton/keighley/ilkley’ is closed to new replies.