Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone know of a West Highland Terrier litter?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Thinking of getting one of these cute blighters for my wifes birthday (we've been looking to get a pup for a while, it's not a spur of the moment decision!). Just wondering if anyone in the STW massive knows of a litter of pups that'll be available around late February?

cheers 🙂

Drac

Hora is due to be a Dad around then so he should have some.

hora
    Free Member

Have you tried E-Pupz? Be careful- there will be (hidden) puppy farms on there. Insist on visiting the house, seeing the mother etc etc.

I'd recommend getting a female- males are a right PITA! IMO some male Westie just want to fight 24-7. Probably the Terrier-gene but I have come across male Westies before that little Denis Wises' 😆

t-p26
    Free Member

males are a right PITA! IMO some male Westie just want to fight 24-7.

<cough> BOLLOX </cough>

My girlfriend has had pairs of westies (and at times there have been three)for nigh on 25 years ALWAYS male, NEVER fought.
    Other than that he`s right, visit the mother and litter at their home. Sometimes the breeder will be checking you out to see you are "fit" to be an owner

bruneep

males are a right PITA! IMO some male Westie just want to fight 24-7.

sh1te, Archie is the biggest softie out.

brakes
    Free Member

get two, they like company

hora
    Free Member

I knew Archie would be along soon…

I think, with reflection Bingo is abit 'mental'. 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Bingo waiting/looking at his bowl. You know its teatime when he sits there 😀

psychle
    Free Member

yep… we want one, they're so cute 🙂 plenty of pups on e-pupz, just a matter of choosing I guess…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I'd recommend getting a female- males are a right PITA! IMO some male Westie just want to fight 24-7.

We've never had a drama with Eric….

Awesome little fella…

So we bought hima friend..

Esme

fbk
    Free Member

If you're set on a Westie, get him/her insured from the outset.

They can be great pets but have more than their fair share of health problems!

brakes
    Free Member

not really, they're skin gets a bit mangey and their back legs pack in after about 10 years
    should be ok if you don't buy a pedigree!

they're hardy wee feckers

hora
    Free Member

Norfolk-In-Chance I'd agree – it depends on how many times the female is bred and with who etc. Ours (touch wood)- has been fine. He gets soaked/muddy a few times a week etc etc. However the advice on Westies is dont wash them etc too often due to their sensitive skin. So I dont think Bingo's father was related to his mother, we think he was just some Sailor in town on shore leave 😉 😀

I should be all male but everytime I see a Westie when out I'll stop 😀

Esme's a looker. Oh how gay is this 🙁

t-p26
    Free Member

Having spoken to she who knows all things Westie….
    1)If you go through Kennel club, the regs. they impose on breeders stop girls (her term not mine) having lots of litters.
    2)If you get a westie crossed with something else, it isnt a westie!
    3)The fighting/barking temperament is upbringing dependant.
    4)Do the home visit thing, and see mother and pups, no car park meetings (yes that does happen!)
    5)Healthwise, they are no more susceptible than any other pure breed
    6)Wash in Johnsons baby shampoo.

Sorry, no pictures of Jack pup, but good luck in finding one….

hora
    Free Member

Can we have some more pics of Esme please?

3)The fighting/barking temperament is upbringing dependant.

Thats one thing we'd like to get out of him. A large dog will put him in his place. He'll give it 5mins and try again. This continues until the larger dog gives up or…the larger dog actually bites him, he'll then screech/fake pain then go mental.
    I'd love to know a dog experts view on this. We've not abused him, hes been like this from day one 😕

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know of a West Highland Terrier litter?’ is closed to new replies.