Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone know much about projectors?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve acquired an epson eb s72 projector and a clever touch screen.
    Is it worth owt? Can I actually use it for anything?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bump?

maccruiskeen

An equivalent spec projector would prob sell for around £300 new. If it’s got any lamp life in it you could sell it for maybe half that if you’re lucky. go into the menu and the lamp hours will be recorded there- they last 2000-4000 hours. I pick up high milage dlp projectors for about £50 but I doubt anyone would bother with and LCD one unless it had very little on the clock.

Not fabulous brightness or contrast and LCD projectors fade with use, pretty much everything now is dlp which give much better contrast. Pretty low resolution too. Fine for a PowerPoint presentation, not fabulous for watching a movie.

wrightyson
    Free Member

We’ve bought a school and it it was left behind still up on the rack. Could I say wire it up to watch the footy outside. Having a party for the first match and wouldn’t mind keeping the riff raff outside under a gazebo rather than watching it in my lounge.

grantway
    Free Member

Just google the Product number and review peoples feedback

maccruiskeen

if its been in a school then it will have plenty of hours on it, they’re pretty much left on all day every day (the the high milage £50 jobbers I buy are from schools).

Just switch it on and plug things into it – the inputs will dicate what you can play through it. Looks like they just have VGA to play from a computer, S-Video and component video which would normally feed from a DVD player but not HDMI or scart which might rule out some digi-boxes . You can’t break it by pressing the buttons. If its ceiling mounted you’ll need to go through the menus to flip the image round so that you can sit on a table for portable use.

If you’re planning to use it outside then you’ll need a lot of dark for the image to be any good. The smaller you make the image the better too.

TiRed

I bought a used LCD Sony for £100. We use it for gaming mainly as once the bulb has gone it will be disposable. Not a bad picture once your brain switches off the chickenwire effect. Connectivity is probably more important. Mine was one of the first hdmi and this makes a huge difference when connecting multiple devices, if you are so inclined.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know much about projectors?’ is closed to new replies.