Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone know if a fat bike tyre fits in the Bike Park Wales uplift trailer?
  • Gotama
    Free Member

Thinking of taking the fat fronted Jones but don’t want to do so and find it doesn’t fit on the uplift. Ta

cookeaa

I doubt it, 3″ would be about the absolute maximum IMO…

Edit:

Better shot:

You could ring up and ask if they’d be able to carry a fat bike up somehow… you never know

Gotama
    Free Member

Oh well, good excuse to rent a Remedy 29er then I guess. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Last time I was there, one of the drivers mentioned that the trailers weren’t very 29er friendly either! 😀

scruff
    Free Member

Do you expect DH bikes to be good for cruising along a beach? 🙄

Gotama
    Free Member

Last time I was there, one of the drivers mentioned that the trailers weren’t very 29er friendly either!

😡 Oh well at least it’s their bike if they scratch it.

Scruff – if you could kindly provide a list of bikes you approve of me riding I’ll see what I can do.

monkeychild
    Free Member

If it’s like the burgtec trailers you spin the handlebars to embrace the 29er wheel.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I was up there a couple of weeks ago. Some of the guys I was with have 29ers and they fitted in the trailer fine.
    Can’t comment on fatties though.

chiefgrooveguru

The trailers looked the same as the ones at FoD and Antur – and the bloke driving at FoD didn’t look too impressed with my mate’s fat-front Jones. He found a way of strapping it on for one run but the next time the trailer was more full and he couldn’t fit it in without risking it banging into other bikes so the Jones had to be pedalled up.

The trails are fast, even (especially!) the blues, so the Jones wouldn’t be at its best anyway.

singlespeedstu

Last time I was there, one of the drivers mentioned that the trailers weren’t very 29er friendly either!

I think he might have been having you on.
    29ers fit fine. Though the spaces by the trailer wheel seemed too short for some of the gravity gnarpoons there. 😆

I’d say not a chance with a 4″ tyre.

The trails are fast, even (especially!) the blues, so the Jones wouldn’t be at its best anyway

I recon the blue trails would be a riot on a fatbike/fatfront on account of how smooth they are.
    We might take our tandem next time we go.
    That’s got 26″ wheels so should fit on the trailer. 😛

ndthornton
    Free Member

Stick the back wheel in the top slot and leave the front dangling maybe?

If it falls off you have an excuse to buy a proper bike

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know if a fat bike tyre fits in the Bike Park Wales uplift trailer?’ is closed to new replies.