Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone know how to take a USE Exposure light apart?
  • IHN

one of these:

Mine’s stopped working, so I thought I’d see if I could spot what the problem is or at least see if it’s viable to use the can and battery for a Trout special.

Anyway, I’ve got the battery ‘can’ off by unscrewing it, but I can’t see how to get the electronics/LEDs out.

Anyone?

giantjason
    Free Member

why not send it back to USE for them to have a look at?

from comments on here they seem to be very helpful.

IHN

Well, it’s old and I’m not the original owner. I could try though I suppose.

Plus, I like taking things apart 🙂

montylikesbeer

second sending it back, they are a good bunch.

MrSparkle

YoGrant
    Free Member

the three sections unscrew (back plate obviously comes off, then there is a thread between the main body and the front section. This is a tight fit as it’s not designed to be undone, but it could be.

BUT…send it to USE and get them to have a look…they can normally sort most problems. G.

kevonakona
    Free Member

I sent mine back for a fix and they offered me a trade in/upgrade to teh new race MAXx which really was an offer i’d’ve been daft to ignore.

kevonakona
    Free Member

OH and the PCB just levers out once the head unit is unscrewed from the battery casing watch out for the button getting stuck, it seems to potrube into teh rubber button.

sheldona
    Free Member

Don’t be so tight and send it back you’ll be glad you did in the long run!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know how to take a USE Exposure light apart?’ is closed to new replies.