Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • anyone know anything about TM enduro bikes?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

just out of sheer curiosity, ive seen a couple of TM bikes for sale recently at decent prices, 2 strokes, but its a make i really dont know much about.

i saw a TM144 really cheap locally and goggled that, which then interested me quite a bit after reading some comments, and thats what got me thinking.

anyone had one? i’d be looking for one up to 300, ideally 250, but wouldn’t dismiss a 144 if a good one came up as i quite like the idea of buying a 125 anyway.

for what its worth my last stroker race bike was a honda cr250 just before they went to spar frame.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

lots – raced them sold them and know Nick Craigie (the importer) build quality is exceptional (most stuff is billet mahined), very reliable incredibly tough and mechanical parts are not expensive. Depending on model/year suspension is very good (Ohlins – Kayaba)

The 300 is not a handful (contrary to reviews) just ride it one gear higher, the 125 was/is very quick but not in my opinion as easy to ride as a YZ125 the 144 is very good not as fast as a KTM150 but you will never notice.

Plastics/graphics etc are expensive. The best one i had was the 98 300 with Ohlins front and back – it was mind blowing – never ever found its limits.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

thanks oldmanmtb, thats really interesting, it was the build and reliability that i was most curious about.

i’m after an enduro ideally as that will be the use, the odd hare and hounds and practice days, so good call on the ’98 as i’ll be looking at an older bike so thats good to know.

Pigface
    Free Member

Gorgeous bikes, hand made Italian sexiness, handle brilliantly, have some quirks. The 400 4/ grenaded itself which was expensive.

144 had no bottom end which made it hard work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘anyone know anything about TM enduro bikes?’ is closed to new replies.