Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone know anything about the 93/94 Saracen Kili Ultra Titanium Frame?
  • thepodge
    Free Member

Hi,
    my house mate has inherited a Titanium frame from his sister’s boyfriend. He doesn’t ride really but we wondered what you guys could tell us about it.

I’ll get some proper pics of the exact frame if anyone wants any but until then it’s exactly the same except its NOT got the odd looking scuff / weld at the seat tube as the one shown here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50230

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Am pretty sure the Flyer was steel back then and only the Kili Ultra was the Ti one.

If it is ti, it was made by Sandvik, IIRC.

To be honest, though, Retrobike would be a better place to ask! There’s a whole world of old school SaracenHeads over there!

thepodge
    Free Member

cheers, i’m just signing up to that forum now

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thepodge
    Free Member

oh and its deffo Ti

nickc

Are they rounds taped together?

Nice frame in it’s day.

thepodge
    Free Member

nickc – Are they rounds taped together?

yes, and no. its plastic bullets in a plastic bullet belt with a Jägermeister lanyard dangling from them

crazy-legs

It’s not Ti, the only Ti frame Saracen ever made was the Kili Ultra. I bought a Saracen in 93 and still have the catalogue, the 93 Flyer was steel (and very nice too).

I then bought a 97 Kili Ultra Ti which is even nicer! Still got it… 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

the seat stays and dropouts look like ti, the crimps in the chainstays do not.

njee20
    Free Member

I assume from reading the thread title and the OP that the frame in the picture is not the exact frame? That’s of a Killy Flyer, whilst the thread is clearly called Killy Ultra?

crazy-legs

The 93/94 Kili ULTRA Ti was a polished Ti frame (later ones were brushed), there was a review of it in MTB Pro back in the day, it got 10/10.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Im pretty sure i sold one like that not long back, Kili team pro (model up?) which was definitely steel. Nice frame – think it went for £60ish.

thepodge
    Free Member

ok ok, bit of confusion.

its deffo Ti frame.

the frame in the pic IS the one I have.

i can only assume that its been stickered up wrong, the stickers on it are bloody rubbish, really thick badly stuck on.

njee20
    Free Member

Why do you say it’s definitely ti?

thepodge
    Free Member

because its not steel, I know my metals and unless steel was very different back in 93/94 then i’m happy to say its Ti.

it matches crazy-legs description of the later brushed ones except for the poor stickers.

njee20
    Free Member

That’s good, they were certainly very highly reputed frames back in the day. The Retrobike guys will probably love it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know anything about the 93/94 Saracen Kili Ultra Titanium Frame?’ is closed to new replies.