Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone know anything about software testing?
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Does anyone know anything about designing software black box test cases?

I just want to check I’m on the right lines with my assignment?

Best way I guess is to share a document with you. You say if I’m headed in the right direction.

My assignment is to “design a set of black box test cases for the app.” for which we’ve been given a fairly vague specification.

Thanks a lot

dooosuk
    Free Member

Feel free to ping it to me. Pretty straight forward stuff so I can’t see how you can be that far off the right lines. Just means you write the tests without knowing the inner workings of the app.

e.g. given a particular input, what output are you expecting.

Definition by ISTQB

Black box testing: Testing, either functional or non-functional, without reference to the
    internal structure of the component or system.

Black box test design technique: Procedure to derive and/or select test cases based on an
    analysis of the specification, either functional or non-functional, of a component or system
    without reference to its internal structure.

willard

I used to do this for a living (test analyst). If you get stuck, drop me a line and I’ll set up a conf call or something with you.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

thank you both.

Willard – you have a gmail acc. in your profile so I’ll share my document in there with what I have so far.

dooosuk – you don’t have one. mine is makecoldplayhistory@gmail.com

Just let me finish a little more so I have one of each type of test (case, decision table etc).

Thanks for the offers.

footflaps

Surely this is what customers are for, they’ll find all the bugs for you….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know anything about software testing?’ is closed to new replies.