Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone know anything about china (as in dishes)?
  • SaxonRider

Most poncey thread ever, I’m sure, but it turns out there was no beer in the house.

Mrs SR and I were married at a time and in a place where china was the done thing. Consequently, we have 12 place settings, plus some extra serving stuff, that has never been used. Not in 20+ years. Yet we have carted it around on most of our moves, and now it sits wrapped in boxes in the loft storage area.

We have tried to sell it on ebay, but with no luck, while china and antiques dealers are not interested because the design is a bit ‘common’.

That said, I was thinking that maybe some hip café somewhere would use it with a hint of irony.

Any other suggestions, though? If the idea of selling to a café or restaurant was feasible, does anyone know of channels for finding possible buyers?

ji
    Free Member

Why not use it? We took the view of using all our wedding gifts rather than let them rot in a box. WHen they break …they break

jambalaya
    Free Member

Depends what they are OP. A decent brand, quality China, classic design will find a buyer.

CheesybeanZ

We have tried to sell it on ebay, but with no luck,

At a realistic price or over optimistic one ?

epicyclo

Good china should be used or it gets brittle – so I’m told.

Ours has been in continual use for 40+ years and still looks new.

You don’t get much for it on eBay unless it is a collectable set. My daughter has a large collection gathering dust in our attic that she paid peanuts for.

Why not just give it to the next couple you know who who get married. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know anything about china (as in dishes)?’ is closed to new replies.