Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone know anything about ATM's and how much they weigh?
  • TimP
    Free Member

I need to know how much an ATM weighs as I need to justify the floor on which it is sitting! It is a boxed out area that is 3.5 x 1.75m, and it is one of the high street bank ones (not one of those ones that charge you and fit into shops)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

meehaja
    Free Member

you'll need a decent truck to get one of those out. Standard pick up probably no good. I'd go for a big van, maybe with an engine hoist? some of those transits are quite quick to aid escape.

TimP
    Free Member

How good is a Transit fully loaded? Does it still corner OK as I know that the engine has to be worked pretty hard anyway so I would need to keep the momentum up on roundabouts and the like

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

if u get a big engined transit with some good tyres on u will be fine? lay it down in the back? how r u gonna get it out of the wall?

wwaswas

Does it still corner OK as I know that the engine has to be worked pretty hard anyway so I would need to keep the momentum up on roundabouts and the like

Unless you expect to have the rozzers in pursuit I'd just worry about goign slowly enough that the load doesn't slide around when you're cornering and have the whole thing over than the nuances of Transit handling at speed…

Flaperon

Just get a good run up and rip it out.

meehaja
    Free Member

I'd not thought of these issues. I suppose the best way would be to remove the cash insitu. £50000 in £20 notes is about a meter long, £25 in £10's is about the same. Just a few large sacks and some "jaws of life" should do it?

TimP
    Free Member

It is a 330mm thick loadbearing solid masonry wall so will take some pulling.

Guessing no-one can help with the original question though!! Is it finally a question that can't be answered by STW??

rj
    Free Member

The actual ATM itself comes in at about 70kg without cash, but the safe will add a fair bit more than that, depending on what option it has. That's assuming it's the type with 4 cassettes (which it sounds like from your description). I haven't had much to do with the safes, but you should probably figure in 300-400kg for it.

Isn't suggesting there's a question that STW can't answer heresy?

ourkidsam
    Free Member
    Travis
    GrahamA
    Free Member

I suppose the best way would be to remove the cash insitu.

You need somewhere quite to disable to die packs otherwise you and the floor will end update painted purple.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

"You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doowrs off!"

robh

It's a bit like filling a photo coppier

Only the paper's more expensive.

theflatboy
    Free Member

are you going to just rely on the answer from here? 🙂

686kg, anyway.

beamers

This is what you want:

Cash-point ram-raided with JCB

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

The local scousers tend to use a JCB when they lift one away into the local woods.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know anything about ATM's and how much they weigh?’ is closed to new replies.