Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone know any good trails/dh nw London
  • oliharan92
    Free Member

I live in ruislip, hillingdon area looking for some new places to try. If anyone knows anything I would be great full

pickle
    Free Member

Try Aston Hill (i’m sure that’s what it’s called) just on the outskirts of NW London and from what i remember some good DH sections

stevepitch
    Free Member

Your not far from my old haunt and have loads of stuff near you. Aston hill in wendover is def worth visiting google it you won’t be disappointed. You have the chilterns 30min from you, Swinley 40 min Surrey hills an hour and ruislip woods for a quick blast mid week.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

aston is the obvious choice you can train it from marylebone to wendover and cycle from there

a bit further afield you have woburn sands, swinley forest and chicksands also check out the lordship rec ground in tottenham for some mtbing on the city !

simon_g

Copse/Mad Bess Wood are (very) local to you and used to be good for a quick evening blast when I lived in Uxbridge and Northwood.

Worth seeking out the Bucks Off Road Sportive routes – it’s not on their official site right now, but usually is before the event. Easy to find routes from people who’ve done it though – eg. http://my.viewranger.com/route/details/MjEyNw==

Starts from Denham and heads off north and west from there.

For anything more DH, Aston Hill is about it, but you can get to somewhere like Cymcarn from Ruislip in just over 2 hours if you go when the M4 is quiet.

trovtopus
    Free Member

Oliharan92, if that is your real name :-), you should pop into specialized in Ruislip and have a word with Paul , he knows plenty of local trails you may not have tried. You could also join his mailing list and go out with them whenever they go.
    I live in the area too and go to Swinley every so often. It’s good and only takes about 45 mins or so to get there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know any good trails/dh nw London’ is closed to new replies.