• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by GW.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone know any decent restaurants near Axminster, Devon?
  • DrP

Off on our hols later in the week, and looking for reccomendations on good restaurants to take the missus to!

I know the River Cottage one is nearby, but the reviews haven't been that gleaming, so wondering if anyone with local knowledge can suggest a lovely place nearby?

Many ta's in advance!

DrP

rootes1

Coombe House, though closer to Honiton, but not that far – food very nice and nice surroundings Si

luke
    Free Member

Second Coombe house, used to be owned by friends of the family, and still produces top quality food

luke
    Free Member

Forgot Monkton court hotel, in Monkton.

DrP

Cheers – Both look nice 🙂

DrP

carlphillips
    Free Member

Emmet house near Grockle is nice…

trailmonkey

Isn't "emmet" what the cornish call people who prevent them from living in the third world ?

carlphillips
    Free Member

@ TM…ah you got me! (i couldn't resist), you may want to look up grockle too!

they don't help me out in any way financially though..!

GW
    Free Member

Is there a single decent restraunt in the whole of the south west? they have their taste buds removed at birth down there.

trailmonkey

yeah not a culinary paradise like Scotland huh ?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

May be a bit too far west, but La Petit Maison in Topsham – best food I have ever tasted – but quite pricey and needs to be booked as it's, er, quite small.

GW
    Free Member

have you lived in both places Monkey?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know any decent restaurants near Axminster, Devon?’ is closed to new replies.