Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone Know About Rose Bikes?
  • wisepranker
    Free Member

I’m looking for a Hardtail 29er at the moment and quite like the looks of the Rose Bikes Mr Big

Anyone got any experience with Rose? Are their bikes any good?
    It seems that when you configure the bike, you can get a great spec for the money.

kimbers

they have a very good rep in europe and over here

ive not ordered a complete bike from them but the components ive got have come swiftly !

jimc101
    Free Member

Not the bikes, but as a shop, have used several times, and always first class service, if you contact them via e-mail they reply in perfect English, I had to warranty a light through them, easy as a UK seller, got a new replacement after about a week, no questions asked.

With any mail order bike, are you good at setting up, fixing any minor issues, as these will be harder to sort out as quickly as a LBS would, but that’s the price to pay for getting the bike cheaper in the first place.

The bikes do appear to be very good value for money and always seem to get good reviews.

wisepranker
    Free Member

I’ve used them for parts and have found them great to use, like most of the German companies but when it comes to a complete bike, I’m not so sure.
    There doesn’t seem to be many reviews about for them either.

batfink
    Free Member

I bought a granite chief from them about 18 months ago. Very happy with it. As a company they were good to deal with – the UK rep met me at Swinley and I had about a 2 hr test ride. the configurator thing is cool too.

Compared to my mates Canyon the Rose seems much better put together – I think because they are assembled by ze Germans, whereas I think the Canyons are assembled in the far east. Difficult to qualify that – but my mates brakes needed bleeding after a few months, cables tightening etc….. whereas the Rose was tight as a drum for aaaaaaages. We both ordered at the same time, mine took longer to come (about 6 weeks), but I hear canyons are taking that long now anyway.

I think that Canyons have got the edge on vfm these days (in terms of components), but there have been a few threads on here about quality issues recently, and less-than-marvelous customer service.

The only thing that annoys me about my Granite Chief is the stupid chuffing Pressfit bottom bracket plastic adapter doo-dah. BUT, this does allow for a downtube the diameter of a beercan – and having broken a couple of frames, I wanted something made of girders.

Hope that helps?

fizzicist
    Free Member

Mr Big is very tempting – if you bite the bullet, I’d be fascinated to hear how you get on with it. The price is so good that even if it’s shit, the components will transfer onto a Solaris frame and it’d still be good value!

wisepranker
    Free Member

Mr Big is very tempting – if you bite the bullet, I’d be fascinated to hear how you get on with it. The price is so good that even if it’s shit, the components will transfer onto a Solaris frame and it’d still be good value!

It’s almost like you’ve read my mind 😆

toys19
    Free Member

A mate is sponsored by rose bikes here in the UK, he finds the bikes really good (DH) ..

cymro1
    Free Member

bought kit from them many times and have never had a problem, usually cheaper than many UK based webstores and they generally give interesting free gifts when you order stuff too 😀

Jezkidd
    Free Member

I had a bike and kit from them, first class service

footstomper
    Free Member

Used them lots of times and never had a problem 🙂 the prices can be silly cheap or standard to other sites online, the best deal I like from them are the XTR bottom brackets for less than £20 😀

jota180
    Free Member

Been looking myself for a lightish 29er

Does anyone know of better value around? – that Rose would be about top of my budget

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Know About Rose Bikes?’ is closed to new replies.