Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone know about Giant reign's ?
  • r17anm
    Free Member

My dad has decided he wants a mtb and has got his eye on a giant reign on ebay
    Im not sure how to post the link but its the first one (besides the frame only) that comes up
    He has been told its 2011 im not sure but looks older with straight headtube
    Could anyone advise me on whether this looks worth a bid
    Thanks

JCL
    Free Member

Does he need the travel of the Reign? I would look for a slightly newer Trance X4 if possible.

awh
    Free Member

I had one with the pierced downtube for the shock, mine was a 2007.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Reigns are all about the boing. As above, for general use, a Trance is better as an all rounder.

Unless Pops is out there shredding teh gnat with his braws in his gnar pyjamas.

😉

r17anm
    Free Member

Yeah I thought it was too much travel for what he needed. He liked the look of it and thought it looked chesp
    Thanks

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Reign is a great allrounder as the pedalling platform is so efficient. If it’s a decent bike and he wants comfort then go for it. I do full xc days on mine and love it.

Tracey

Abigale has had a couple, looks more like the earlier ones, probably 2007 or earlier. You would do better looking for a bargain on here rarther than risking ebay. If you keep an eye on classifieds or even an add on wanted you should get something in your price range. I got a 2013 carbon Stumpjumper Expert from the classifieds for very little money at the end of the summer as no one seems to want 26″ wheels.

tomaso
    Free Member

They are good bikes but they didn’t seem to evolve much and IMO seemed to have steep angles and long head tubes.
    I had a 2009 one. It rode well but it was quite heavy.
    The 2015 one looks bang tidy mind.

Where, what and how does pops ride? As said above a Reign may not be the all rounder he wants and may well detract from his enjoyment of his local trails.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know about Giant reign's ?’ is closed to new replies.