Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone know about close personal protection security? ( Help needed )
  • popstar
    Free Member

Thought would try my luck here …

MiL has worked in a security industry for quite some time, got plenty of experience etc and decided to progress further into close personal protection.

Before she is accepted onto a course, there is a test to pass.
    She is expected to write 7 pages about all aspects of close personal protection. She is puzzled with such a test as all she can come up with are basic things such as all entrance/exits emergency routes of imaginary venue.

Then gathering information on any celebrity, as habits, preferences, their sins etc (proper stalking).

She complained and asked for help of where actually could she gather some helpfull information on how to actually pass that test (libraries seem to be useless place for that subject).

I suggested to her to subscribe to -Heat- and thats all usefull I could offer. She has been very good MiL to me, so I must impress her with my so called e-net knowledge.

Please STW, help me save her my skin?

plyphon
    Free Member

Try reddit, I bet there is even a subreddit for it all.

crispo
    Free Member

You’re obviously not a real popstar then…….

Jamie
    Free Member

Must be worth a rental….

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Being aware of surroundings & people in them, different threat levels, nearest safe official buildings, emergency first aid/health & safety, Travel/transport security, local working environment habits (i.e. if abroad somewhere hit & dusty), etc…

Drac

I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for help, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make it a nightmare for people to apply for jobs. If I let your MIL apply now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not employ her, I will not pursue her. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will laugh at you.

joshvegas
    Free Member

1. Find source of cocaine
    2. Secure said cocaine by
    i) being the middle man handling the money and nose candy

Or

ii) flushing it down the toilet

depending on what part of the cycle heat is reporting on at any given time, its important to get the timing just wrong and thus always being z list news worthy.

3. Carry spare pants and condoms, again these aren’t actually to be used just to maintain the look of being proffessional.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

lol @ Drac

allmountainventure
    Free Member

The Bible

Only 7 pages? Take the contents list of this book and write a short para on each of the main points. If you identify, say, 21 main considerations its only one third a page on each

Marin
    Free Member

Close personal protection?
    I worked in a road today where a man was stabbed on Saturday in revenge for a shooting last week.
    A kid robbed the local bank with a toy gun and his mum called the police on finding a shoebox full of money under his bed.
    Kid over the road with 3 summer mates beat a homeless guy to death round the back of Iceland supermarket.
    One local shop was petrol bombed.
    I was wearing a tight fitting high vis vest. Does that count as close personal protection?

Marin
    Free Member

That was scummer not summer.

project
    Free Member

I worked in a road today where a man was stabbed on Saturday in revenge for a shooting last week.
    A kid robbed the local bank with a toy gun and his mum called the police on finding a shoebox full of money under his bed.
    Kid over the road with 3 summer mates beat a homeless guy to death round the back of Iceland supermarket.
    I was wearing a tight fitting high vis vest. Does that count as close personal protection?

Thatll be ………..then.

And i actually cycle round there at weekends

Obviuouslythe one running the alledge course doesnt want you MIL on the course, lots of other courses avaibable, check the secuurity industry website for details

Marin
    Free Member

Some nice parts to it project, just a shame all the bad ones stood out today. Still been there all week and still in one piece.

popstar
    Free Member

Wahh, thanks for replies. I’m sure there is need for women in that role. She had an offer with some vip clients. But not really hollywood style as STW suggests, more like looking after servants who take care of children and some mental family members misbehaving by sabotaging food, clothes etc.

It might sound funny, but them rich people are eccentric.

Dave_rudabar I will pass your comments to her, at least she will have something to work on.

Allmountainventure thanks for that link, will pass it on.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Marin – Member

Oh come on dude
    Try a bit of individuality

HTH

wrightyson
    Free Member

Whenever I used to drive in shottingham in the early days of owning an impreza id always leave a cars gap between me and the car infront so I wasn’t boxed in. Saw that on a film once. Funnily enough I never had to make the great escape manoeuvre 😳

wrightyson
    Free Member

And j turns. You must learn how to do j turns!

peterfile
    Free Member

Do you work in Nottingham?

NZCol

I make a point of j-turning every rental car I get, about one a week at the moment. The hybrid Camry was a challenge but got there eventually !

br
    Free Member

As with any job, if she has to ask, it’s not the job for her.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Once went on a Mazda demo day. One of the scenarios was a hostage take. We were in the souped up mps 6 thing. The driver had worked on several James bond movies. I lucked in ❓ and got the front passenger seat. We preceded to do the routine, on approaching one of the balaclava clad baddies the driver egged me on to give him the **** sign. Amazing how scary it can be even when it’s fake a bloke firing blank rounds at you with an ak and then trying to pull you from the car is. 😯
    Cue huge reverse with me trying to pull the door shut and into awesomz jturn!!!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know about close personal protection security? ( Help needed )’ is closed to new replies.