Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • anyone jailbroken an iphone?
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

legally (obviously)

i have an o2 phone outside of contract which i have bought off a mate, i cant be bothered to wait for 14 days for o2 to unlock it themselves so i was thinking of using a jailbraking website (also get the free apps software)

anyone used one, if so which, and is it easy?

also do you need the original sim?

Free Member

http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/

you'll need to download a little app to your computer and off you go.

Appulo.us for apps.

I've never used this for a sim-unlock though, only ever to use apps from alternatives to itunes.

hope this helps
    jt

Ewan
    Free Member

It's not illegal to jail break your iphone – just voids the warranty. You could get one on a 24 month contract and jail break it the second it was in your hands and that would be fine – you'd be just stuck paying the 2 year contract.

CountZero

There are, of course, certain password precautions you need to take in ordert to avoid nasty virus infections that a non-jailbroken phone won't suffer from. Really can't see any point. Can't wait a fortnight for it to be unlocked? What? Your life such a mad social whirl that that amount of time is too precious to wait? Gimme a break. I can't see any advantage that jailbreaking offers, there's more than enough apps around to do anything you could reasonably want to do that I just can't see what extra jailbroken apps can offer. A video camera on a 3G? Yep, got that on mine. Anything else? Can't think of one single thing.
    [edit] One more thing; jailbreak it and you'll lose your next OS upgrade to OS4, which is likely to give background multitasking for apps. Me, I'd rather have the free OS upgrade, thanks.[/edit]

Jamie
    Free Member

Can't wait a fortnight for it to be unlocked?

I agree. It is all about the cracked apps i would wager.

I can't see any advantage that jailbreaking offers

Well there i disagree, and here is four reasons why:

SBSettings : Extended options/settings
    PDAnet: Free tethering.
    ProSwitcher: Background multitasking for apps now anyone?
    AdBlock: Self explanatory.

…and loads more like quickshottr, StatusNotifier, LockInfo etc etc

jailbreak it and you'll lose your next OS upgrade to OS4

I imagine it will be the same as when i upgraded to OS3 and 3.1. I wait patiently for a couple of days and jailbreak again with the latest version of PwnageTool. So no i won't lose out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘anyone jailbroken an iphone?’ is closed to new replies.