Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone into freeflight or RC planes?
  • matt_outandabout

Thinking of some fun with the kids, and some fond memories of a Guillows Spitfire and other kits as a kid…
    Thinking of a simple/traditional kit – not a scale one like the spitfire (it was a pig to build IIRC) – that flies well. Rubber band powered, ideally pre-cut parts to help (me and) the lads etc.

Suggestions? Google reveals many US suppliers, and a confuzzling SamsModels site…Thinking of similar to this:

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not really but the youtube clips of them crashing are good.

triop
    Free Member
    nomakoman
    Free Member

http://www.westwings.co.uk/?p=show&id=61

good a place as any to start

Taff
    Free Member

Done a fair few Guillows models. Only got one left which is a big glider. Had a spitfire one last Christmas while suffering with flu. They were precut and quite easy. Nephew stepped on it before it flew

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Looks like good fun actually. Sure my nephew and I could enjoy building and flying these. I assume they are indoor flyers only?

matt_outandabout

Nope, outdoors.

nomakoman
    Free Member

outdoor works best as you can trim them to fly how you want them too ie. big oval loop etc…

adding extra long rubber and using a winder can also give lot longer flight times too!

reminds me i’ve got a focke wulf fw190 to build in the shed!

piemonster

My Dads into that stuff, he’s really old and boring now.

Do you wear slippers?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

So do they just gracefully land once the band unwinds?

matt_outandabout

Do you wear slippers?

No, they wore out. Hoping for a new pair for Christmas.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I raced F3f for a few years…..not yer archetypal ‘glider’
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p0LaxMDQ_OI[/video]
    Which is basically standing on windy hillsides flying backwards and forwards at 120mph until something breaks and then picking up £2k of carbon fibre bits up.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone into freeflight or RC planes?’ is closed to new replies.