• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Del.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone interested in starting up a Exeter / Devon "after work" riding group?
  • Davemunk
    Free Member

Hi guys,

Just returned to Devon after uni, only to find that all my riding buddies have gone and left for pastures new!

Would anyone be interested in setting up some sort of riding group for "after work" times (e.g. after 5.30pm + weekends) in the Exeter area?

I've just got back into riding after a long break so I'm not too hot, I'm pretty good on the roads I tend to do around 10 miles every other day whilst commuting, but not a lot of single track (no-one to ride with! :cry:) yet. I'm fastish- not exactly Lance Armstrong, but then again not an absolute beginner.

I was thinking perhaps Woodbury, Haldon or other places of that nature to go and blow off some steam after work? I work in Cullompton, so anywhere close (say a radius of 20 miles either way from Exeter?) would be great.

If anyone knows of any local clubs / websites that would be awesome!

Email me @ thompsondb @ hotmail . co .uk if you'd like!

All the best.

Dave

julianwilson
    Free Member

The Bike Shed do organised rides in evenings and at weekends iirc. (one of my colleagues lives in exeter and i think its them he goes out with. Or Eexter Mountain Bike Club do organised rides too.

Si
    Free Member

Theres an organised night ride up Haldon on Tues and Weds I think.

Si
    Free Member

Start at the Ley Arms Kenn at 630 IIRC on a wed.

Del

wot Si said. they don't bite, unless you like that sort of thing, and all abilities are welcome, but like any ride sometimes it's quick and sometimes it's a faff fest.
    beer after.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone interested in starting up a Exeter / Devon "after work" riding group?’ is closed to new replies.