• This topic has 27 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by cooie.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Anyone interested in a group buy 16T sprocket?
  • stevied
    Free Member

I’m going to be fitting a 40T/RADr to my 1 x 10 but will need a 16T to replace the 15 and 17T as I’m not using a OneUp 40T.
    The cheapest I can find is Rose but the postage makes it more expensive so I’m thinking of doing a group buy. I’ve asked Rose how many they have but thinking about 10 would make it worth while.
    Would anyone be interested? 10 + postage would be about £3.80 each so thinking of doing them for £6 (based on getting 10) with signed for postage from me. Saves £4.50 from buying them individually. Not looking to make any money, just get mine cheaper and cover postage out.
    Drop me an email if you’re interested and I’ll see what I can do.
    steve_dees at hotmail.com

gt900uk
    Free Member
    stevied
    Free Member

that ^ is a 14T for a 9sp cassette. SJS do a 9sp 16T but not sure on compatibility (one question on their website says 9sp not comp with 10sp)

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

From memory oneup is the only company throwing in a 16t aren’t they?
    I’m not planning on a oneup extender, more likely to be S.Star – so if you’re getting shimano cogs i’d be up for one.
    Just searching online and not sure if the thing below is the same, but could work out cheaper?

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/shimano-deore-xt-cs-m760-sprocket-16t-(aq-group)-1za-1644-prod15834/

stevied
    Free Member

I’m looking at the SS one too, hence the need for a 16T. That one ^ is a 9sp..

singlespeedstu

I have three different setups all using a nine speed 16T.
    Works fine.

creagbhan

YGM

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

sorry – didn’t notice that.
    I’m in for a shimano one then
    cheers
    jim

cynic-al
    Free Member

Has anyone tried a DX 16T?

£5 and easy to get.

Andy-R

singlespeedstu – Member
    Works fine.

Same here on two bikes – both with Zee mech.

gt900uk
    Free Member

Sorry wrong link. It’s still on there though! I see it does say 9 speed but I have it fitted with zero issues on a 10 speed cassette.

honourablegeorge

Like Rose Bikes on facebook, get a money off voucher that covers postage

tpbiker
    Free Member

i’ll have one for 6 quid….

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Count me in, please.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Just buy the RAD one and get one free!!

singlespeedstu

The two RAD 16t’s i have are shite.
    Chain jumps like **** when you pedal hard.

stevied
    Free Member

Not enough interest to get the group buy and Rose are out of stock until the end of the month, at least, so going with one of the 9sp ones from SJS for now. Read up a bit and they seem to work well..

skydragon
    Free Member

I found the oneup 16t to be crap (shifting was very poor)

Shimano 16t did the job,

Ride On Bikes had some 10 speed 16t shimano in stock, suggest you give them a call ( http://www.rideon.co.uk)

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

spev

The shimano 9spd one works fine in my setup with a Hope T-rex, its the 16t for M760 cassette http://www.madison.co.uk/products/cycling/transmission-braking-components/cassettes-sprockets/cs-m760-sprocket-16t/

they are only £2.99 from your lbs

if you want the 10spd 16t http://www.madison.co.uk/products/cycling/transmission-braking-components/cassettes-sprockets/cs-m771-16t-sprocket/
    Madison are out of stock until May 2015

cliffyc
    Free Member

No 10 speed cogs available ?,it’s a 9 speed and get out the file then…….. 🙂

inigomontoya
    Free Member

What size front ring you planning on using Steve?

cyclelife
    Free Member

My RAD one is fine!

stevied
    Free Member

What size front ring you planning on using Steve?

32T Absolute Black oval.

bash
    Free Member

Andy R – Member
    singlespeedstu – Member
    Works fine.
    Same here on two bikes – both with Zee mech.

Did you change the cage on the Zee mech? Probably going with a 42t,just wondering about getting a rad-r cage.

cliffyc – Member
    No 10 speed cogs available ?,it’s a 9 speed and get out the file then……..

Maybe a stupid question, do you really need to modify it, if so how? If the 9sp 16T works and the Zee is OK without a rad-r cage I could save a bit on my build. 😀

gt900uk
    Free Member

If it’s a full suspension bike zee will probably be too short. Needed the radr cage on my mega,with zee, due to the chain growth.

bash
    Free Member

It’s a Bfe, hmm can’t decide whether just to get Oneup 42T and Rad-r or just a Superstar extender and shimano 16T

cooie

The 9spd ones from sjs are fine, l have them on 2 bikes with one ups. No mod needed.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Anyone interested in a group buy 16T sprocket?’ is closed to new replies.