Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Anyone in the NWest have any spare forks that I can borrow?
  • RustySpanner

I’ve got a pair of Manitou Magnum R’s you can borrow – 80mm of elastomer springy goodness!

And Al Faisal for curry, or Forts of India in Whitefield if you’re feeling flush.

cb

Looks like my Pikes had a lucky escape!!

hora
    Free Member

Local STW’er lending me a pair. Thanks guys. :mrgreen:

cb, I’d still be interested in buying your Pikes.

Someone in our office raves about Forts but as she eats curry so little I wasn’t sure. Might have to sample theirs. I’ll always travel to sample curry.

Sajan takeway in Sale/Manchester is a good example of English-curry. Clean, friendly, good place but made for English.

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Gary, I have a feeling that it was the below bike which eventually sported the stem shifter. With a stem that long, he could have zip-tied both shifters, brake levers and a washing machine to it

hora
    Free Member

Brick Lane/East end- how good are the curries on the strip there in general? Good or run of the mill?

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I don’t have any spare forks but you’re welcome to my kidney…

binners

Can’t find a decent curry house in Manchester?

Can’t find a decent chippy within the M60?

Can’t find his own arse using both hands?

Actually Hora, I know the guy who owns Sajan. He often regales me with tales of the time you spent together in the Pashtunwali heartlands, risking your lives sourcing spices while dodging taliban fighters

Literally placing your lives on the line to provide the holy grail – a half decent chicken rogan josh. You’re dedication to the cause didn’t go unnoticed

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

I wonder what Hora’s thought process was as this thread developed into the marvel it now is. Not content with being ridiculed about forks, he must have thought long and hard on how to make himself really stand out as a belm. It just so happened that he was eating a Tikka Masala Pot Noodle and it struck him, a way to make himself seem like a real foodie, put down Lancashire, appear multi-culturally aware and get up everyone’s noses all at once.

Overjoyed with his success, he had half a glass of red red wine, popped his favourite Nickleback CD in the stereo, put the kettle on and had a second Pot Noodle.

binners

incidentally: which loon has lent Stan Laurel a pair of forks? If the logic was to just get a new set when he inevitably breaks them, then well done. I can see where you’re going with that one. Particularly if they’re on their last legs anyway

Otherwise: WTF ARE YOU THINKING?!!!!! 😯

JonR
    Free Member

Is Hora actually a pastiche of himself? This thread is a gift.

hora
    Free Member

Stop saying that. They’ll hardly be jumped/dropped or battered. Its a new fork QC failure. The 36 Floats before these had a happy and pampered/lowering life for almost two years 8)

Anyone, someones given me a lead for somewhere called Mumtaz’s in Bradford. Me thinks a roadtrip is planned.

binners

They’ll hardly be jumped/dropped or battered

Correct. Which makes it even more inexplicable how you manage to break them so consistently while riding like my gran.

What are you using to remove your weekly fork delivery from the packaging? A chainsaw?

chakaping
    Free Member

I needed a laugh today and this thread has delivered big time. Thanks binners and stopadoodledoo.

Hora – don’t divulge the name of the fork lender – they’ll get inundated with begging letters and scam emails.

woody2000

Mark – this should tell you all you need to know about Mumtaz.

Go to the Sweet Centre on Lumb Lane instead 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Anyone in the NWest have any spare forks that I can borrow?’ is closed to new replies.