Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone in the jewellery trade?
  • stevomcd
    Free Member

Trying to replace my wife’s engagement ring which was stolen recently.

It’s quite distinctive, but was very much off-the-shelf, so just hoping there might be one or two lying around in someone’s store-room.

It’s identical to the ring in this ebay auction:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261127154503?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

(And yes, I did just buy that, but they can’t actually find it and have refunded me 🙁 ).

Originally came from Goldsmiths.

Anyone have any ideas on tracking one down?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Will ask a friend of mine that has a couple of shops.

nedrapier

Likewise.

dannybgoode

Drop a line to P A Jewellery in Sheffield. Really nice independent jewellers who know their stuff.

I have a friend whose dad is a jewellery importer also. Will drop him a line as well

Cheers

Danny B

lunge

It may cost a couple of quid more but if you took a good picture to a good jeweller (I can suggest a couple in Brum) they will be able to make a very good copy for you. It may not be cheap but it will be “new” if that matters.

lunge

In fact, if you’re near Brum a trip to the Jewellery Quarter may provide you with a result.

nedrapier

Mate doesn’t have anything similar in, and reckoned he’d struggle to recreate for anything like that price. Sorry, good luck!

CountZero

A mate of mine is a goldsmith, and I’m sure he could make something like that, but it’s difficult to say whether he could do it for that sort of money. What’s your upper limit, and whereabouts are you? He works in Corsham, Wiltshire.

j3w3ll3r
    Free Member

I’m a jeweller but that’s not the easiest ring to replace, pm me if you want me to see what I can do

Cheers

Stephen

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone in the jewellery trade?’ is closed to new replies.