Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone in the carpet trade? Branded carpets under shops own name?
  • huggis
    Free Member

I have seen carpets at some local shops which are allegedly manufactured by cromar. These are being sold under the brand of ‘flooring one’. I’m trying to find the same carpet in the manufactures (cromar) range so I can check prices online. Anyone know where I might find this out? I guess it’s kept hush to stop folk buying online after seeing in the shop.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

I had a stint in a carpet contractors warehouse covering for a pal on leave. Eye opening is the word I will use.

Most of the branded carpets are chinese imports cheap glass fibre filaments spun thin to be “stain free” stick to supertex or try go direct to a supplier. The mark ups are crazy wed order in 35x5m rolls approx cost to us about 3.45 psm sell on for 11 or even 13 psm plus fitting and plates grippers etc.

The best way to a good lasting carpet is the best underlay money can buy and a cheaper carpet. Most people skimp on underlay and spend a bomb on carpet and it feels shite underfoot and wears out from underside out.

Floorwise 12 the best IMO cloud 9 lost quality as during my time there the company actually stopped stocking it and kept duralay and floorwise.

huggis
    Free Member

Thanks bigphil. …yes that is what I suspected…when you see what looks likes that same carpet online at 50-75% less something doesn’t add up. I’m all for supporting local suppliers and business making a profit but….

bonchance
    Free Member

glass fibre carpets 😯

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Your be surprised how many use recycled glass and plastic bottles spun out into synthetic fibres to make them stain free and bleach compatible. Some are quite good but don’t pay over the odds shop around and never buy the ones with built in underlay or “renters” as we called em.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone in the carpet trade? Branded carpets under shops own name?’ is closed to new replies.