Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone in Surrey got a fat bike I can try?
  • flange
    Free Member

How do

Happy to pay beer tokens, or in actual beer, just for an hour to see if I like it or not.

Based near Guildford but happy enough to travel

allthepies
    Free Member

@beer_babe and her hubby both have On-one fats and aren’t a million miles away from Guildford I believe.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Neils Wheels in Molesey might be able to help you they are selling Surly fat bikes and one of the guys owns one.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m in Staines but regularly ride around Surrey Hills and Swinley. I’ve got an On-One Fatty in a large you’re welcome to try.

scotroutes

Just bear in mind that all fatbikes do not handle the same. Just like any other type of bike, head angles, rim widths, tyres etc make a huge difference.

Do they actually ‘handle’ at all? I do like the look of them, but everything about the wheels seems wrong. Rotating mass etc. Are they just a plodder, or a viable mtb to be ridden alongside others?

scotroutes

FTFY

beerbiker
    Free Member

allthepies is quite right @beer_babe & I @BeerBiker both have Fattys one 16 & one 18 We could meet up somewhere along the Downs Link or up on Albury Heath, the’re great in the sand. You could DM either of us via twitter we’re both on it all the time or e-mail via http://www.beerbabe.co.uk

handyandy
    Free Member

I live in Guildford, but think fatbikes look silly therefore do not have one. You can have a go on my bmx though, that also looks silly 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

the’re great in the sand

OP you’ll soon get bored of going up and down St Martha’s.

beerbiker
    Free Member

There’s nowt more silly than a grown man on a BMX ! 👿

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone in Surrey got a fat bike I can try?’ is closed to new replies.