Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone in Sheffield/peak district with a road bike to lend?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

I fancy a road bike but would like to borrow one for a couple of weeks to see how it goes. Anyone in sheffield or peak district with one that would suit a 6ft rider?

thepodge
    Free Member

if anyone is a saint and would be willing to mend me a mountain bike in around the same area while mine is of being inspected under warranty that would be boss too.

i’m not expecting much reply to this thread, we are asking a lot.

BadlyWiredDog

Hmmm… I have a medium Giant OCR sitting here doing nowt but I think it’d be too small for you unfortunately.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

BWD – what size person is a medium for? would you be interested in selling?

Thepodge – i would mend you a bike if you want but i suspect that you have sausage fingers and mean “lend”

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Rob,

I’m not that far away- I’ve my winter bike you could borrow if you want??

Its a 56cm 105 10speed Ribble- Ally frame/carbon fork 120mm Ritchey stem/440mm bars etc, etc..

racing_ralph
    Free Member

thast very kind – where are you?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

North of Manchester, But I can drop it down- Its not a drama.

You coming up to Taps’ on Friday to ride with us?? i ccould bring it over..

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i have emailed you (i think)

BadlyWiredDog

BWD – what size person is a medium for? would you be interested in selling?

I’m five nine and a half and it’s about right for me, I suspect you’d need a large at six foot though it depends a bit on your proportions plus how the bike is set up – it’s a compact frame btw. The Giant web site suggests you’d need either a M/L Giant frame or a L, says 5’10” is about the top end height for a M frame.

I am actually going to sell it after buying something nicer, but I don’t think it’ll fit you anyway.

sq225917
    Free Member

Podge, what are you looking for? I have one sat behind me that hasn’t been touched in weeks.

though your warranty failure admission doesn’t fill me with glee. 😉

thepodge
    Free Member

racing_ralph – Thepodge – I would mend you a bike if you want but I suspect that you have sausage fingers and mean “lend”

my sausage fingers are why I could never play the guitar, yes I did mean lend, M and L aren’t even that close really.

sq225917 – Podge, what are you looking for? I have one sat behind me that hasn’t been touched in weeks.

though your warranty failure admission doesn’t fill me with glee. [;-)] owt to be honest, well owt that is better than the halfords special my house mate has offered. the back end of my ’97 Marin has cracked round the welds and holes, I suspect that’s what 12 years does to a bike. I’ve stopped being what the mags now call a free rider and more of a trail guy, just something I can loop wharncliffe on this week and next while the GF is on holls.

sq225917
    Free Member

How tall and how heavy are you?

simon at bestkiteboarding dot com

thepodge
    Free Member

you have mail

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone in Sheffield/peak district with a road bike to lend?’ is closed to new replies.