Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone in Sheffield (or near) able to help me cut my steerer?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Hi I’m building up a bike at the minute but need to cut the steerer on my new Sektors.

I’ve not got the right tools or a vice to do it and I’m not sure how much the lbs would charge (plus I’m skint and need it doing asap)

Anybody fancy helping me out?

thepodge
    Free Member

The bike tree would probably sort you out properly fairly cheap

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah they have been really good with me. It’s more a case of needing it doing asap and I know they are busy. I sent them a mail.

superhondaman
    Free Member

just get 2 jubilie clips to fit stem and fit them on leaving the width of a hacksaw blade then saw away.They act as a pefect guide for the blade. You can hold the forks in a workmate or similar.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Can i just use a pipe cutter? The clamp turn type one? The steerer is just aluminium.

donsimon
    Free Member

Pipe cutter?
    Doh! a couple of seconds too late! I’ve always used pipe cutters without problems

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ok cool, I’ll do that then. Seemed too simple ha.

spindi
    Free Member

Pipe cutter or just use something as a guide and measure twice, cut once!

spindi
    Free Member

Oh, and cut it bigger than you think and put some spacers in there. You never know what bike you may want to put it on in future.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah all my other forks have been cut to 185mm I’m only small but i think I’ll cut these to 195mm and space it out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone in Sheffield (or near) able to help me cut my steerer?’ is closed to new replies.