• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by P20.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone in norwich area got a large liteville 301 I can size up?
  • f757lkk
    Free Member

As per the title really, about to push the button, would like to know large is the right decision. Riding a large spesh epic at the mo and measures up pretty much the same. Don’t want it to be too big not to be playful though if you catch my drift!

Any help gratefully received!

Jamie

hamishthecat
    Free Member

They are quite long. I’ve got a s/h Mk8 in Large and I find it quite hard to manual – although that may well be because I’m crap.

The stock Large that I test rode had a 60mm stem and the Vector bars which have quite a big sweep back so that shortens the cockpit a bit. I’ve got a 70mm stem and Wiser bars and am planning to go shorter.

It is a class ride though. I seem to be able to do hills and techy stuff I’ve not cleaned before and just rides really well. Build quality is superb too.

I’m 6′ with 33″ inside leg if that’s any help. Devon rather than Norfolk I’m afraid though. 🙂

f757lkk
    Free Member

Thanks Hamish,

I’m 5’9″ with pretty much the same inside leg as you, would be running a 50mm stem with a swept bar so think it should be just about right, Running a 70mm stem on my epic with almost the same reach so I’m thinking I should be okay as the chainstay to BB measurements are much shorter despite the longer wheelbase. I too am crap at manuals!

jamie

AndreyE
    Free Member

🙂

I too have a Large 301 MK8, and I’m 6’0 too. Running a 70 mil stem with 740 bars but I’m quite wide-shouldered. Ran it with 60 mil stem too but had to turn the bars too much forward.

I’d say at 5’9 you need a Medium, Large 301 is a proper Large, with 115-116 cm wheelbase (in current versions probably even a bit longer due to slacker HA).

f757lkk
    Free Member

THanks for the info guys… I just measured myself and I seem to have grown an inch (fnarr fnarr etc etc!)… So I ive spent some time modelling the frames I’ve overlaid the Large and the medium on top of a model of my S-works epic and the reach on the large is less than the epic, the stack height to bb is approx. 13mm shorter… maths says it should fit quite well. Have a 25mm offset seat post on the spesh and a 70mm stem as well so taking all of that into account I think the maths works.

Andrey is the Mk 8 a little bit more compact than the current mk 10/11 then?

Guess the only real proof of the pudding is in the tasting! Can’t believe I’m sad enough to spend four hours measuring points off bikes to model them in solidworks… I should probably ride bikes more then I might be able to manual better 🙂

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I’m inclined to agree with Andrey – the Large is definitely large and you should be able to get away with a Medium which would be that much more flickable. Can’t believe I’m sounding so like a magazine article…

I would deffo look to try one out to be sure of dropping that much cash on a new one to make sure it’s the right size. Evolution Imports bring them in and should be able to advise on sizing and tell you the nearest dealer where they could send a test bike.

You planning to go 26″ or 27.5″?

f757lkk
    Free Member

Was going old Skool 26r! No problem with you sounding like a mag article hamish, thanks for the input, there’s not too many owners around the uk so any input is valuable! I’m a bit fascinated with what makes a bike fit, it’s lead me to plot a few more different frames see how they size up. I’ll give evolution a call tomorrow! Thanks again guys for the input! One thing I’ve discovered today is that I’m taller than I thought and bike geometry is fascinating!

f757lkk
    Free Member

Was going old Skool 26r! No problem with you sounding like a mag article hamish, thanks for the input, there’s not too many owners around the uk so any input is valuable! I’m a bit fascinated with what makes a bike fit, it’s lead me to plot a few more different frames see how they size up. I’ll give evolution a call tomorrow! Thanks again guys for the input! One thing I’ve discovered today is that I’m taller than I thought and bike geometry is fascinating!

P20

Jamie, have you gone for this yet? Which size did you end up with?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone in norwich area got a large liteville 301 I can size up?’ is closed to new replies.