Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone in Manchester that can help?
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

Right then….

I don’t do this concert stuff, so not used to the protocol when it comes to what time things finish etc.? So my question is…

I am at the Take That concert tomorrow in the City of Manchester Stadium and I have no idea what time it is likely to finish and what the transport situation is to get back to the City Centre – can anyone help shed some light on it for me?

Do I need to get a taxi booked? If so, what time would you do it for? (Do any of your have a taxi firm of your own that cold do the trip??!! 😀 )

If no taxi, is there other links back to the city centre, I would imagine they are busy after a concert etc.? But not sure what to do?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

trio25
    Free Member

Walk, its only 20minutes and apparently stewarded for the take that concert.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

trio25 – Member

Walk, its only 20minutes and apparently stewarded for the take that concert.

Ah nice one! I wasn’t sure how close it was? I didn’t want my missus to chew my ear off if we started walking and then it turned out to be hours away!

higgo
    Free Member

Bing Maps says half an hour walking to Picadilly.

easygirl

Short walk, but keep to the marshalled routes it is a very rough area around the stadium

totalshell

and they eat unaccompanied adults.. dont stray from the path

morgs
    Free Member

i was asked to work for the CoM Stadium gigs. The shift time was 4-12 so that means everyone *should* have gone for 11.45.

I’d say it’d end about 11-11.15 ish

thehustler
    Free Member

Was there last night, band came off stage approx 10.30, if you can get there early do, as the entry queue system is ‘interesting’

Fluff66
    Free Member

@Itheisinger

Do NOT order a taxi. It was total gridlock all the way out to the M60 last night. You’ll be sat in it not moving, watching your fare go thru the roof. 20 mins walk to Piccadilly train station under normal circumstances. 30+ in that sort of crowd

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone in Manchester that can help?’ is closed to new replies.