Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • anyone identify this Kona
  • rOcKeTdOg

seen today

seen clinging for dear life to list listing wreck

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

cindercone

Bunnyhop

Kilaua (sp?) ?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Sniff, is that my old Cindercone? Late ’96 edition with gorgeous matte cherry red paint. Go rescue it RD!

Expat
    Free Member

Bottom of the canal is probably the best place for it.

rOcKeTdOg

waaaay too big for you mama

looks a bit sad though doesn’t it 🙁

I_Ache
    Free Member

Where was it dog? Looks like it needs to be saved. I cold do with a commuter project.

mamadirt
    Free Member

The folks on retrobike.co.uk would snap that up. Definitely a late ’96 Cinder Cone. Identical finish to mine – bought the frame from Noahs Ark back when they had a branch in Cheltenham – put a deposit on it with the money I’d earned doing an admag round while the kids were in playgroup 😉 and they had it on the wall for months until I could afford to pay the balance. Used to go in and drool over it whenever I was in town.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Sorry to disagree! 1996 Koa if you ask me. Look at the welds where the seatstay meets the seat tube – big weld says aluminium. Gripshifts, STX group, satin burgandy paint with blue decals. Lovely. retailed at £600 in 96.

mamadirt
    Free Member

You’re right Reluctant – I hadn’t spotted the welds. The late ’96 Cinder Cone had the same paint finish as the Koa, earlier ’96 Cinder Cones were a very dull Gange Green.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Hey, Rocketdog…. I’d pay money for one of them if you get the chance to legally liberate it! I;d need an 18″ c-t, or a 19″ at a push 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘anyone identify this Kona’ is closed to new replies.