Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Anyone hit the trails listen to music with headphones
  • dragon
    Free Member

Also during certain times at 24hr events.

Oh great 🙄

teenrat

I do when i’m riding alone. However, ive been considering getting some of those headphones that sit on your cheeks and transmit through your cheekbones. That way nothing is in your ear so hopefully can still hear the hazards.

DezB
    Free Member

Never mtb with music, never felt the need. Always road ride with music otherwise I’d die of boredom.

christhetall
    Free Member

Just started listening to podcasts, with single ear piece. I’m learning some fascinating history ! Good for the tedious climbs, but not for the technical stuff, and once you start going fast you can’t hear anything over the wind.

prawny

Only at night on my own the same as others, doesn’t make me ride faster though, sh1tting myself at the sounds in the woods makes me ride fastest.

I do find it harder to judge grip though with music on, it’s surprising how much you rely on the sound of the tyres.

maxray
    Free Member

Simply not safe if you can’t hear whats coming up behind you – same goes for those mobs who amble along gassing away oblivious to other people.

Better tell all those deaf people to get off the roads/trails too! 🙄

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Not for me, I find sound is a big part of the experience, and not just in a ‘listen to the birds and the wind in the trees way’. It’s a sort of feedback on how I’m going. I suppose a different aspect of that is the way it really winds me up if my bike’s making annoying noises.

Don’t see why it’d be dangerous though, if you don’t go hooning round blind corners and check periodically that you haven’t got a queue behind you!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Anyone hit the trails listen to music with headphones’ is closed to new replies.