• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by sv.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone here with experience of CHARGE syndrome?
  • oddjob
    Free Member

No jokes here and it is well OT, but our doctor is convinced that our little boy (well he is 2 now) has CHARGE syndrome and I don’t really know what that will mean in the long term.

wwaswas

mrs wwaswas says;

Just rumbled my husband reading this forum when he’s meant to be working!
    I have taught pupils with Charge syndrome in the Special Needs School where I work. Pupils’ needs are very individual and it would be very difficult to say the level of disability your son will have – some people with CHARGE syndrome attend mainstream school so it really does depend. My advice would be to google the CHARGE syndrome society and talk to other parents.
    All the pupils I have taught have been lively engaging individuals who enjoy life and are rewarding to teach and much loved by familes, friends and school .I can’t discuss my pupils in any more detail because of pupil confidentiality but I can appreciate the myriad of emotions you are feeling at the moment.
    Good luck,
    Rachel

oddjob
    Free Member

We ‘re fine with the situation at the moment and we can see that he is a lively and outgoinng little boy who appears to be just as intelligent as his “normal” older brother. I was more concerned about the physical development as he gets older.

The only “challenge” that we have at the moment is that he is not really talking yet but that is not too much of a surprise as he is bilingual and has spent time in hospital which causes setbacks on it’s own.

Thanks for the comments though 🙂

scaredypants

wwaswas, that was a lucky escape – did she not see the other tabs ?

wwaswas

did she not see the other tabs

Well, she spotted I was on the Cotic site initially. *gulp*

oddjob – it’s difficult for her to be specific but I think with all of these types of conditions there is always a spectrum and it isn’t always apparent to start with where a particular child is in the range. From what I’ve seen the key is to make sure you get sufficient engagement from all the various agencies and to make sure that you are both informed and happy with decisions made by them about your son.

sv

she spotted I was on the Cotic site

Flip BFe’s are good value!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone here with experience of CHARGE syndrome?’ is closed to new replies.