Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone here taken their (ex) company to an employment tribunal
  • scotabroad

I have my case next week with the employment tribunal.

I have a good solicitor and he is guiding me very professionally, but I thought I would ask the STW collective if they had first hand experience of what it was like on a PERSONAL basis.

How did you prepare for it, what was the most difficult part, and how did you recover from the experience, etc.

Personally I am very nervous………. 😐

scotabroad

Anybody?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My wife did two years ago when her job was made redundant when she was pregnant – her employer even said to her on record ‘it was a choice between two of you and you are pregnant anyway’.

Her solicitor missing one huge gaping hole in the case and instead of walking away with a fair pay off, she had to accept the job back albeit with *some* compensation for loss of earnings.

Looking back we wish we hadn’t have bothered because of the stress and worry.

Sorry.

JEngledow
    Free Member

A mate of mine took his previous employer to the employment tribunal after they made him redundant (but didn’t follow the correct procedures). However in the time it took for the case to be heard he’d got himself a better job! The judge decided that the company were in the wrong, but because he was now better off and hadn’t lost anything (in the long run) the company were given a ‘slap on the wrist’ and nothing else. However my mate was fairly happy as he got an appology made his ex-boss look bad and wasted loads of his time!

fourbanger
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion, am I missing something? She lost her job unjustly then got it back. This wasn’t the correct outcome because?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

This wasn’t the correct outcome because?

Because it is very difficult to go back to a position after her name was dragged through the dirt quite badly in order to try to cover the tracks of the original decision by her boss. Most of this became general knowledge of her workmates as the case progressed. It just became very messy and, quite understandably, she really couldn’t face going back into the office again.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My Missus used to represent and tribunals professionally if there are any questions she can answer then e mail me

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone here taken their (ex) company to an employment tribunal’ is closed to new replies.