Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone here studied biochemistry to degree level (preferably higher)?
  • yunki
    Free Member

And have a couple of hours to spare…..?
    I spend a lot of days sat at my easel painting, and whilst doing so will listen to music, or TEDtalks or some radio documentary or podcast…

After a couple of threads on here lately about medical marijuana and the recent advances in legislation in a further number of US states, I found myself listening to a rather scientific lecture on CBD this afternoon..

Much of it was lost on me and I had to admit defeat after an hour or so, but it sounded pretty convincing.. I checked the doctor out as far as I could and he doesn’t appear to be considered a quack, but I would very much like to have more of an understanding into whether I have just been listening to the most boring and convoluted advertisement for snake oil ever conceived, or whether perhaps the scientific advances in medical marijuana research are moving at a quicker pace than we are being led to believe

Here’s the link

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Gv4e-kJBk[/video]

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Degree qualified biochemist here, working for a Pharma multinational. I’ll have a watch of the vid over the weekend as heads is mashed now. In the meantime, you could probably further establish the credentials of the author by looking to see how much of their work has been published in peer reviewed journals.

yunki
    Free Member

is 80 peer reviewed journals a lot?

(EDIT: errrr it may be an innaccurate number.. I’m a little mashed of brain too due to beer)

I would be interested to see what you make of his findings though

thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone here studied biochemistry to degree level (preferably higher)?’ is closed to new replies.