Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • anyone here ride a caadx .sizing confusion
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Im just shy of 5’10” and have been used to a 55cm ett on the road looking at a caddx and to get the ett slightly shorter for cx and lower standover id need a 50 but that seems to sound small compared to other manufacturers. Or should I just trust the geometry charts as it seems they are bigger than the size label would suggest.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

I ride a cannondale 58 road bike and a cannondale 58 caadx. It’s fine.

Garry_Lager

I ride a 56 caadx at 5 11 and was a bit concerned at the standover when I first got it, seemed a bit snug. Don’t even notice it now and feel it rides great – the size down would defo have been wrong.

firestarter
    Free Member

Looking at the numbers the 50 caadx is the same size as a 54 xls and a 54 boardman but forget ridley they are mad sized 😉

TiRed

Cannondales seem to come up big. I’m 1/2″ taller than you and ride a 54cm CAAD10. I looked at the CAADX and would have chosen a 51 with a longer stem to suit.

They have a steeper seat tube angle, 74.5 degrees and a shallower head angle (72 degree) than the road bikes, which will mean that the saddle will need to be 1cm further back than on the CAAD8/10. That increases the ETT by a cm from saddle to bars.

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers fellas. Just to confuse matters ive just swapped my huge tyres to some racing ralphs on my rigid 29er and now wonder if I really need a cx lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘anyone here ride a caadx .sizing confusion’ is closed to new replies.