Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone here like drum machines?
  • rewski
    Free Member

Joe Mansfield’s 200-page Beat Box: A Drum Machine Obsession is one of the best coffee-table books we’ve seen in a while. This features 75 drum machines from the author’s personal collection, with more than 200 outstanding photos by Gary Land, and Foreword written by Dave Tompkins.

http://www.stonesthrow.com/news/2013/11/beat-box-a-drum-machine-obsession

yunki
    Free Member

Well that’s going top of my Xmas present list.. After watching The Orb live last night, (and managing to poach a toke on Youth’s spliff after the show) we were talking about music technology on the way home..

ace!

jekkyl

Why didn’t you have your own weed?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    yunki
    Free Member

I don’t smoke

grum
    Free Member

Book looks pretty sweet. I’ve only ever used the software recreations of most of those drum machines (apart from an MPC).

The Orb gig any good Yunki? Seeing them tomorrow in Hebden Bridge.

yunki
    Free Member

Well I wasn’t sure what to expect.. A dirge of hackneyed pop hits, a twee display of ambient nob twiddlery or something completely unexpected and fantastic..

They supplied all of the above and lots lots more.. Absolutely rocking

(take some time to pay attention to the visuals from time to time for some really quite amazing early celluloid surrealism)

grum
    Free Member

Cheers, sounds good! Just listening to some on Spotify now.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Akai MPC is the nuts.

DezB
    Free Member

Stones Throw = Good music. Scroll down on rewski’s link for some great sounds 🙂 (including: The Cyclist)

tomaso
    Free Member

Jeff Mills and an 808 is all you need to listen to some days – tweakin brilliant :mrgreen:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone here like drum machines?’ is closed to new replies.