Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone here know 'The Stang' in North Yorkshire?
  • smogmonster

Ive just moved to one of the villages near The Stang, and whilst it looks massive with loads of potential, i cant find any trails, anyone on here know the forest well enough to know of any singletrack?

posiwev
    Free Member

Motorcycle Enduro’s are held there, so must be some decent mtbing to be done?

fatgit
    Free Member

There’s not a huge amount in the woods itself that are that worthwhile as far as i know but you can easily link in with a huge amount of trails that go off in a number of directions especially over towards Swale dale.
    I know someone who lives in barningham and riding from home to do epics is an easy job.
    We often park there and ride out
    Cheers
    Steve

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jate
    Free Member

As Steve says, not much in the Stang itself so we tend to use it as part of routes over to Swaledale etc from Barningham. However if you know where to ride it is possible to get over there pretty much off road the whole way and from there obviously the world is your oyster!
    Alternatively you can ride some good shorter loops from Barningham, again almost entirely off road.
    We ride out that way pretty regularly so happy to show you some routes (will put an email in my profile).
    Cheers
    John

miketually
    Free Member

Get in touch with Stu at Dales Bike Centre in Reeth; he’ll be able to let you know about stuff over that way, I’m sure.

When i ride out to Swaledale from home (Darlington), I go through Newsham and then over the top to Hurst, so Swaledale’s easily doable for you, though maybe not for a quick blast out after tea.

mt
    Free Member

Stang, Moredale Lane, Hurst, Fremmington, Cuppa at Dales Bike Centre.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

+1 for asking at the Bike Center. They know the area really well.

Never mind the cuppa, get cake ate the Dales Bike Centre Cafe. Truly awesome.

(Drifts off to revel in the memory of great cake….)

smogmonster

Cheers all, pretty much as i suspected. I have moved to Newsham, just down the road from Barningham. I know Swaledale well, but not a clue about the stuff this side. Steve, John if youre riding from Barningham regular i wouldnt mind joining you. I’ll PM you.

jate
    Free Member

Email now in profile. Should be out one evening next week.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone here know 'The Stang' in North Yorkshire?’ is closed to new replies.