Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone here have experience of leaving a bike at Arlesey station?
  • damion
    Free Member

Hello,

New job means I'm commuting to the city again, anyone here leave their bikes at arlesey? Just worried that it wont stay there very long if I do.

Long shot I know, but thought it was worth a try!
    Damion.

forgotmename
    Free Member

No, but dont do it, i lived there for 6 mnths, car was vandalized as was every other car down a little backstreet, lots of little tossers about too. Maybe you could get friendly with somebody from the industrial estate.

slugwash
    Free Member

No, but in May 1998 I got the train from London to Arlesey, walked to Byercycles in Clifton and picked up my new Campagnolo equiped 531 Donohue road bike, which I've still got and last cycled to work on Monday of this week before I **** my foot up in an unfortunate running accident. I rode back to London fuelled by double vodkas from en-route rural pubs and visited St Albans, my place of birth, on the way.

Sorry, I know this doesn't help much 😉

BTW, there used to be a brilliant rural pie-shop somewhere between Arlesey & Clifton, is it still there?

My 1998 531 roadbike somewhere in Devon last week…..

harry
    Free Member

Take a longer ride and leave the bike at hitchin maybe? Plenty of bikes left there during the day – I haven't had a problem yet. Either that or join the folder brigade…

damion
    Free Member

Thanks forgotmename, thought that might be the case, I've dragged my old BMX cruiser out of the back of the shed, its not been ridden for five years, so maybe if it gets nicked someone will get some use out of it eh?

We've given it a life expectancy of a month, gonna try and source another cheap hack in the meantime and try and keep a spare in the shed at all times!

The road from here to Hitchin would be a nightmare / death trap, wouldn't be too happy pedalling it in the dark. I used to commute from Hitchin about 10 years ago and school kids kept nicking the chain tugs of my cruiser!

Byercycles is still there, but I'm gonna have to hunt out the pie shop, I've not seen one. MMmm. Pies.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone here have experience of leaving a bike at Arlesey station?’ is closed to new replies.