Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • anyone here do the The Bear Bones 200?
  • headsup-spam
    Free Member

what was it like?

thomthumb
    Free Member

didn’t finish. 😳 we got to 80km and decided to call it a night. EDIT: we did 150 in total – we skipped the bottom part of the loop.

Riding was ace – i love mid wales. the route was well thought out – the terrain seemed to get easier – although that could have been the call of the soup/ lemon cake.

I have a feeling we might have been blessed with the weather – overnight conditions aside.

Tiger6791

I made a cake for it

markenduro
    Free Member

I did the BB120…

Riding was hard going in a couple of places where you were pushing up a field which somehow managed to be a bog on a slope, parts of it were fantastic though and the scenery was fantastic.

Will be back next year with a bit more fitness and a lot more commitment….

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I made a cake for it

And jolly nice it was too, not to mention filling 😀

There should be a little write up in the next issue of XXC mag and I believe Jane (the only female finisher and holder of a *blue badge) has been asked to scribe a few words for this very website.

*That’ll be the one you get for finishing in under 28 hours, not the one that allows you to park closer to the suermarket doors!

flatfish
    Free Member

BB120 slacker route for me and stevemorg2.
    Didn’t get any of the bara brith or any of my cookies I brought to the party. 🙁

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Didn’t get any of the bara brith or any of my cookies I brought to the party.

That’ll be because you asked for something else instead … apple crumble and custard perhaps. Oh and the cookies were right nice, ta 😀

IanB
    Free Member

Difficult to sum it up. It was hard, obviously, but the route selection was good overall. Less than 40% of it was tarmac, and most of that was narrow lane work so not a push over. The rest was forest road, mixed moorland trails, some bog but mostly stuff that was pleasant to ride on a typical day ride. There was 6100m of ascent. The bits I didn’t think I’d enjoy weren’t as a bad as I expected and bits I’d passed off as straight forward were more punishing than I thought they would be.

There’s an account on my blog. Part one includes a bit of a recap on the Welsh Ride Thing, which is kind of relevant to the BB200, but you can just read part 2 if you’re pushed for time or can’t be bothered.

http://ianbarrington.com/2011/10/18/bear-bones-200-part-1/
    http://ianbarrington.com/2011/10/19/bear-bones-200-part-2/

Ian

Blackhound

I just pushed and rode for two days finishing in just over 29 hours with no bara brith in sight;-) Had a decent nights stop as I wanted to check out some gear which went well.

A nice, but tough route and will be back next year and foregoing some sleep for a quicker time. Beautiful views and weather played ball.

Nick

I think the attrition rate was around 30%, which me and Simon contributed to by deciding, due to our languid start and rather slow pace, to skip across to Rhayder and therefore only manage 120km.

We did sleep in a field though and Ian B was kind enough not to wake us as he went past at about 1am ish.

I’ve done two Welsh Ride Things and a BB200, signed up for Mach n’ Back, might even take it seriously and try to meet the objectives.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘anyone here do the The Bear Bones 200?’ is closed to new replies.