Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anyone heard of Vitus Bikes??…
  • gonzy
    Free Member

I’m still looking for a new bike after the wife said i can get one in the new year to replace the one she made me sell last year….so far my choices are as follows: Specialized Enduro EVO; Commencal Meta AM; Trek Remedy; Nukeproof Mega AM; Kona CoilAir Deluxe…
    but now i’ve noticed a new brand that’s being sold via CRC and it’s seems tempting…
    trouble is i’ve never heard of the brand…they’ve got 2 models that are of interest to me….the Sommet and the Dominer.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=84769

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=84770

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=84768

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=84767

spec-wise they seem to have a good array of kit (OK, the avid brakes will go straight in the bin), but is it a case of nice kit on a crap frame or is this going to be a good deal….
    has anyone heard of these bikes or have one?
    your thoughts would be greatly appreciated…

leffeboy

Is it not an old brand the CRC bought the rights to the name to?

DezB
    Free Member

According to the blurb they are designed, created and delivered by CRC… (that’s as much as I know)

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

used to make pretty scary looking glued cx frames.. no doubt bought out a few times since then though (i don’t know that though)

Leku
    Free Member

No certain about which models but Brant at On One did some design work for them.

thomthumb
    Free Member

FFS lad.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Sean Kelly.
    “Oi juust put dit in de twelvety and pedal haard ”

jackthedog
    Free Member

Anyone heard of Vitus Bikes?

Yes.

Vitus 797 by jackthedog2012, on Flickr

orangeboy
    Free Member

I have a loverly old red and silver road frame waiting for the summer
    But as above brand is now owned by crc an nothing to do with the classic old stuff

gonzy
    Free Member

But as above brand is now owned by crc

no chance of a test ride then? 😕

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone heard of Vitus Bikes?
    Yes.

Hmm, not sure if your pic of an old, blue road bike will help the OP in his choice of MTB..

jackthedog
    Free Member

Hmm, not sure if your pic of an old, blue road bike will help the OP in his choice of MTB..

Report the post if it’s not on-topic enough for you.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

That Sommet looks more than a little bit like a Lapierre Zesty,

stumpy01

Is the Escarpe made by Vitus? If so, mbr have tested it. I seem to remember it doing quite well.

DezB
    Free Member

Report the post if it’s not on-topic enough for you.

😆 you think I care that much?

mt
    Free Member

jackthedog

Most excellent bike, some of these nippers know nowt. 😆

druidh
    Free Member

How many bike brands are actually part of CRC/Hotlines/Decade Europe now?

seadragon
    Free Member

Bike brand seems to have been around a while but dont know the CRC link myself, came across the brand by accident when I was looking into hardtails that have great spec for the money (the others I was looking into were Radon, Endorfin and Cotic).

I have just bought a Vitus Rapide 1 2012 and I love it. The frame is carbon and superlight and the spec on it is amazing for the price, no complaints and love the bike. As mentioned earlier the Escarpe had a great review on bikeradar and that bike can be bought for really cheap on CRC now, as are all the 2012 models that havent been sold yet.

Tom83

Ordered a Vitus from crc when i was choosing between an anthem or the Vitus. Took my money, but they had sold out 🙁 Worked out in the end though, as the Anthem is a great bike.

dantsw13

If you are looking at buying direct, consider the Canyon Strive too. Lots of guys on here have them I think. A lot of bike for your money.

seadragon
    Free Member

Yes sorry +1 on the Canyon was looking at them too.

elltell
    Free Member

Also consider YT

Look at the spec here for 1800 quid – http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index.php?page=product&info=213

Other bikes in the range also.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Friend rides a vitus escarpe – iirc it cost him less than £900 (in the perpetual CRC “sale”) and it is really well specced, sektor air forks, monarch shock, truvativ bits and pieces, mainly slx drivetrain. Frame is really nicely finished and looks well made, when I first saw it I thought he had spent at least three times what he had on it. I’ve only had a quick go but I was very impressed with the ride. I only ride hardtails but based on seeing and riding that one if I were to buy a fs bike a vitus would be very near the top of my list.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Anyone heard of Vitus Bikes??…’ is closed to new replies.