• This topic has 152 replies, 99 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by igm.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 153 total)
  • Anyone heard from Ton?
  • brant
    Free Member

Been a while since he went in (last Thursday).

Anyone heard anything?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Nope, I’ve tried to contact a mate of his, not heard a cheap from him either.

Hoping the big fella is on the mend.

bullheart
    Free Member

Nowt on his Facebook.

Let us know you’re okay Hoss!

Pigface
    Free Member

+1

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

+ another.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

#prayforthebiglad

mrhoppy

When Mrs hoppy had a similar op it was a good fortnight until she was ready to communicate with the world.

cinnamon_girl

+ another here. Stay strong ton.

noteeth
    Free Member

+ another.

All the best, Ton. Take it steady.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Fingers crossed Ton – looking forward to seeing you back on here real soon.

Cougar

+Ton.

iainc

Was thinking same earlier, never met him but like his style 😀 Hope all mending up well, best wishes

matt_outandabout

Hmmm, I had same thoughts today.
    I presume he is pretty out of it, and it may be a while.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Running low on fist pie….hurry back Ton.

bearnecessities

I’ve bought stuff from Tony at his employers, so can drop by @ weekend if folk are still concerned by then and ask*, but I’m sure as mentioned, he’s fine.

*that’s if they’d divulge, obviously.

Edit: Like what you did there Cougar. 🙂

brant
    Free Member

mrhoppy – Member
    When Mrs hoppy had a similar op it was a good fortnight until she was ready to communicate with the world.
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Fair enough. Perhaps I’m guilty of thinking that so much surgery is very routine these days.

duntstick
    Free Member

Good luck, health n happiness Ton. Hope all went well

mrhoppy

The difference Brant is that it’s routine for the surgeons, less so for the patients. things like holding a phone up are hard if they’ve gone through the rib cage and you get a pretty hefty set of pain killers that make concentrating hard.

Oh, and get well soon big man.

spacemonkey

+1 for everything already said above.

Am assuming he’s well and truly offline for now. No doubt back online soon.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I bet he’s planning his next GrandPootle, hope alls well and efficient recovery.

Shall rise a tankard of real ale towards him 8)

sv

+1 hope he is well, seems like a decent bloke.

chipster

Take your time, big ‘un, post up when yer ready.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Fair enough. Perhaps I’m guilty of thinking that so much surgery is very routine these days.

No such thing as routine surgery. There is always something that can go wrong and write off the theatre list for the rest of the day. I’ve seen 45 minute hip replacements take 6.5 hours, and keyhole gall bladder removals take 8 hours. Both “routine” surgery, but both went tits up in a major way and took pretty much the whole day to sort. Some of the operations look like anyone could do them (which they couldn’t), it’s what happens when it goes tits up that makes surgeons earn the decent money.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I was thinking the same. Hope all is well in Ton world.

MrOvershoot

wanmankylung – Member
    No such thing as routine surgery. There is always something that can go wrong and write off the theatre list for the rest of the day. I’ve seen 45 minute hip replacements take 6.5 hours, and keyhole gall bladder removals take 8 hours. Both “routine” surgery, but both went tits up in a major way and took pretty much the whole day to sort. Some of the operations look like anyone could do them (which they couldn’t), it’s what happens when it goes tits up that makes surgeons earn the decent money.

Oh your so right, have a friend who is a top orthopedic surgeon and he said his stuff is piss easy compared to brain & heart stuff for levels of stress days like you can’t comprehend.

Anyway I shall be wearing the Met5 I bought of Ton on Wednesday so will raise a pint at the end of the ride to his surgeon & Ton’s speedy recovery

racefaceec90

my best wishes go out to you ton for a speedy recovery.

DezB
    Free Member

C’mon Ton man, give us a sign!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Thoughts are with him. Hope is on the mend and on here soon. Howay big lad

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Will raise a pint to him at the BBB, he was a good lad the year he came down.

All the best mate!

BigJohn

Never met the guy but I keep coming back to this thread to hear some happy news. C’mon big lad.

Sonor
    Free Member

Maybe a few more days yet before we hear anything, My mum had open heart surgery two weeks ago, and was in Hospital 8 days, surprisingly no complications, now at home on the long road to recovery.

Bruised to hell though.

richpips
    Free Member

I’ve just phoned his work.

Apperently he was in intensive care for a bit, but is now back on a normal ward. Sounds like things are going well for him.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Good man Richpips.

DavidB
    Free Member

I rode round Leeds with him years back. Really decent chap and knows his trails. Get well soon.

BigJohn

Great news!

iainc

🙂

woody2000

Good to hear that 🙂

He’ll be back to his old self soon enough I’m sure!

rossatease
    Free Member

Good to hear thanks for going to the trouble.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Goods news, can’t keep a good man down.

MrOvershoot

Top job rich, I was going to say does anyone on here have an outside contact that might know.

Good to hear the little fella 😉 is out the other side 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘Anyone heard from Ton?’ is closed to new replies.