Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone heard about Trans Wales 2012?
  • play
    Free Member

… or what will be replacing it, if anything?

stayhigh

As far as I’m aware its not going ahead this year as the main sponsers Gore are concentrating on other events.

Last years Big Welsh Ride (?) was quite popular but didnt do it myself so cant say.

chiefP
    Free Member
    mtbmatt
    Free Member

New format is set to be more technically challenging, based around 1 centre and over 3 days.
    Loads of excellent riding, so it should be great.

stayhigh

Anybody got more details on this as the website seems just to have a link to the entry form?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

It will be in August. Don’t know much else.

chiefP
    Free Member

On that link it does say

New Website in 2012

stayhigh

It does and its 2012, is it too early for Bombers 😆

So its a three day event based around Llanwrtyd Wells but doesnt say much more then that.

hoopdriver
    Free Member

17, 18, 19th August. I believe the big Welsh XC Champs weekend clashes with this.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Last years Big Welsh Ride (?) was quite popular but didnt do it myself so cant say.

You might mean ‘ Welsh Ride Thing’ or you might not 😉

http://www.bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk

paul78
    Free Member

Welsh ride thing was great last year …

also consider this …

http://blackmountains3day.co.uk/

vdubber67
    Free Member

VERY interesting choice of pic on that site. Trans Wales main shot always had a real XC racer pic of someone in lycra, whereas MTB Marathons (same promoters) had a more ‘average’ MTB rider. Now it appears pisspot lids and pads are the image of choice for this event.

Nothing against that, sure Michael and the crew will put on another superb event……

iridebikes
    Free Member

thanks for this thread, I was hoping to do the trans wales this year, but evidently that wont be happening now,but i think there is a very good chance i will do one of these events, its time to start reading up on them and bullying riding friends into entering them as well 😀

stayhigh

It was the Welsh Ride Thing I meant, the Black Mountain ride also looks good the trouble is I can afford to do them all 🙁

iridebikes
    Free Member

does anyone know anymore about the ritchey one? It looks a bit more gravity focused, and i cant decide if that is a good thing or not.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

The stages will still be quite long. Full days riding, similar to 2011 edition.
    Just different areas of riding with more technical trails being used. I think there will be 2 timed sections each day, rather than one.

chiefP
    Free Member

All info now live on the site

http://www.trailmasters.cc/

beezy
    Free Member

HOW MUCH !!!!!!!!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone heard about Trans Wales 2012?’ is closed to new replies.