Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone heading off to watch the London Surrey race on Sun?
  • spacemonkey

Judging by the TFL site and map, there could well be a fair bit of congestion on the outskirts.

Am thinking about heading over to part of the A25 stretch with a mate. But bearing in mind the possible road issues, methinks setting off for a couple of hours on the trails prior would be the best thing (if I can get a pass!). My mate, however, doesn’t ride so he’ll be driving 🙁

Any of you lot (and that includes gits with wristbands)?

EDIT: hmmph, just found the schedule which means hitting the trails beforehand is gonna mean a bloody early start. Damn.

spacemonkey

And here’s the schedule if anyone needs it.

spacemonkey

Keeping your plans secret are you? 🙂

NigE5
    Free Member

Have driven most of the Surrey section the other evening on a reccy I am not sure where to watch from.
    In my view its only worth it if I can find a spot to see them pass twice.
    Box Hill is out so may be the Givons Grove roundabout on the A24.
    Or the hair pin as they drop into combe bottom before the A25 which is only one view.

spacemonkey

Good point Nig E5. I guess that downhill section won’t be restricted. Plus there are easy ways to get there by bike (b/ways etc).

joolsburger
    Free Member

We live at Hampton Court and they are coming through twice so we will most likely head over to the bridge or somewhere.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I got wristbands for Hog Hill, and am planning to go, think its gonna be a stewarding excercise..

Could be a giggle

djglover
    Free Member

Probably ride down to Richmond Park and see if there is a spot

spacemonkey

For some reason I don’t think there’ll be much of a public turnout for this one. I’ve seen no local PR other than the ‘warning: this road will be closed on 14th Aug …” notices that sprang up recently.

I reckon most people will be pissed off at the congestion and then spend the day cursing the Olympics coming to town.

xcgb
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of passes to box hill so will be heading there on the train probably

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve got a spare pass for Box Hill going if anyone wants it?

spacemonkey

I’ve got a spare pass for Box Hill going if anyone wants it?

Seriously?

Can I have first dibs?

EDIT: Plz 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

Pass gone.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone heading off to watch the London Surrey race on Sun?’ is closed to new replies.