Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone having Freeview problems?
  • bruk

Since the middle of last week we have lost quite a few channels on the Freeview.

Mainly stuff from BBC Northwest eg news etc and Dave. Googled it and seems the Winter Hill transmitter may be having work done.

Just want to know when it will be over as I would like to have the local news instead of the Welsh stuff!

Can’t seem to find that out.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Just don’t worry!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Yes!

Been turd for a week or two now Manchester/Ashton area.

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Having issues mostly with BBC2 etc in Exeter. Keep doing the ‘installation’ thing to get the channels back.

bassspine
    Free Member

Squattingmouse: bbc2 from the stockland hill transmitter has been switched off/to digital as of last week, the rest of the channels will be later this month. The signal strength is pants right now for us too: I’m just outside Exeter

Dibbs
    Free Member

The Stockland Hill analogue signal was switched off totally in the early hours of yesterday (20th) morning, they claim that the digital signal will now be increased but some of the digital channels have moved and you’ll need to re-tune. (We get our signal from Stockland Hill, over here on the Quantocks).

MrOvershoot

Just want to know when it will be over as I would like to have the local news instead of the Welsh stuff!

Try a retune/scan. The bloody welsh transmitters are a pain as they seem to run at higher power than most and spread their propaganda over an area far wider than they should 🙁

We still have to have BBC1 north west on 799 as BBC1 Wales takes over

andyfla
    Free Member

we lost bbc 1 and 2 earlier this week, a retune made no diff. last night they came back but have changed from east midlands to west mid, very odd

el_creedo
    Free Member

Ref: Exeter, we have lost all channels on normal (ano) reception in our house – and the freeview box won’t work either. Nightmare! Good thing a) Devon is awesome so there are many better things to do than watch TV. b) We have cable in our living room; and c) We’re moving to a different street soon!

Dibbs
    Free Member

As I said above, the analogue signal was switched off on the 20th and the freeview box will need re-tuning.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone having Freeview problems?’ is closed to new replies.