Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone have Pearl Izumi shoes?
  • DezB
    Free Member

According to Wiggle – "Please note: Pearl Izumi shoes come up a little smaller in length compared to the same size as a Shimano shoe."

True?

29erKeith
    Free Member

very very much so I'd say a full size tbh

I bought a pair (Quest's) off of them before they updated with the warning 👿

I had a pair of pearl Izumis from a couple of years ago which fitted perfectly correctly sized
    I stood them up on end and the new ones were a good centimeter if not a little more shorter than my old ones

gymaint
    Free Member

Yes it is true. I'd say at least one (UK) size larger, I'm a 41 and a 43 fits well. Just got the Quest MTB from wigle for £35, they are ok tongue is a bit cheap on the though.

spacecadett
    Free Member

I am going to throw a spanner in the works unfortunately. I have size 9 feet and I have Pearl Izumi road & mtb shoes in 43 (size 9) – the fit well.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I bought some off Wiggle a couple of years ago, and whilst they fitted (Sz 45 on my UK 10s, so one size up, to answer the question!) they were incredibly uncomfortable just standing up. I sent them back for a refund, there was no way I was riding in them…..

robbydog
    Free Member

I wouldn't get another pair without trying them now. I've had more than one pair over recent years which were absolutely spot on for size, so I confidently got another pair online recently and they're much snugger.

The Wiggle comment is rather baffling as PI were bought by Shimano a year or so ago and I think the shoes are all made in the same factory now. Go figure.

DezB
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies.
    PI stuff is usually very good quality, so I reckon they are worth a punt seeing as my Shimanos are starting to fall apart.

speaker2animals

Sounds like a recent phenomenon. I've had a pair for at least 5 years. Thet are the last pair of size 9 (UK) shoes I bought as my feet seem to have gone up a size recently. The IPs are the roomiest toe box cycle aloes I have. Have lasted well too!

FOG

I normally have to go to 47 or 48 with shimano but with P Iz I was able to use 46 the same as my street shoes. They were a fairly old model though.

DezB
    Free Member

Shooz ordered…

DezB
    Free Member

Update: Shoes received. Normally take a 45 in Shimanos, ordered a 46 in Pearl Izumis – good fit.
    £35 for a decent pair of mtb shoes. Get over to Wiggle now (Pearl Izumi Quests) 🙂

matthewjb
    Free Member

Don't Shimano now own Pearl Izumi?

It seems odd if the sizing's different.

scotabroad

bought my PI shoes from Wiggle a couple of months ago, I required a size up right enough and I have been very pleased with them.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have Pearl Izumi shoes?’ is closed to new replies.