Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone have one of these, or at least tried one?
  • SaxonRider

I often see new types of locks that make great claims for themselves, and they often look impressive in the first instance.

This one has just come up on my facebook timeline, and once again, I am impressed by what I see.

Does anyone have any experience of it though? Do you see any flaws?

[Of course you do; you’re STW!]

ton

i need a new lock to carry about, and i saw this one…..interested to see if anyone has used one.

joshvegas
    Free Member

You don’t need a key to lock it…

… well thats a deal breaker.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

^ yup.

tjagain

Can be locked without a key – good possibility of locking your bike then realising you have left your key at home although if you carry it locked what good is this feature? Main issue tho is the construction. appears to be braided ie easy and quick to cut. I wouldn’t use it. The only thing I will trust my bike to is a double locking pick proof lock D lock with a minimum 16 mm case hardened shackle. Nothing less than that is worth it.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I noticed the trst doesn’t include a battery powered anglegrinder

tthew

construction. appears to be braided ie easy and quick to cut.

Solid secure gold rated though, I’d be more than happy with that, (and so would the insurance company).

ton
    tjagain

Gold rated is pretty meaningless. Some gold rated locks can be opened in seconds with hand tools and I suspect this would be as well. No way would I rely on braided steel wire.

Have a look at the vids on the almax site. any d lock with a shackle less than 16 mm. 5 seconds with a bolt cropper.

sanername

I use a TiGr lock, it’s covered in marks where people have tried to cut though it and none of them have so far. It’s also light and easy to carry on the bike. Not cheap though.
    https://tigrlock.com

Edit: I have the extra thick bow lock. Heard the thinner ones aren’t as strong.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have one of these, or at least tried one?’ is closed to new replies.